Thread: Vertical pinstripes on blocks of certain colors in Dell U2311H

Vertical pinstripes on blocks of certain colors in Dell U2311H

I have a new U2311H monitor connected to a new 13 "Macbook Pro via Mini DisplayPort -. DVI and I'm noticing very steep vertical stripes in blocks of certain colors - specific shades of blue and green are particularly bad. It the entire screen seems as if it were made of corduroy. Altering the default monitor mode can ease the trouble but not eliminate it. Any suggestions as to whether this could be a bug in the display, as well as any repairs that might try, please? Thank you very much.

Re: Vertical pinstripes on blocks of certain colors in Dell U2311H

I noticed that none of the Dell monitors are validated for use with Mac A bit disappointing, since the U2311H seems destined to creative use, a Mac market sector with a relatively high representation. Given that many Mac users are acquiring products from Dell, it would be good not to think completely supported by Dell. This is not a great solution, but if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem, I've noticed a significant improvement by selecting the RGB profile and pushing the blue and green down 4-5 points. The screen has a pinkish, but the pinstriping becomes much less noticeable. If that suggests a more satisfactory adjustment to the representatives of Dell, or if it seems a symptom of a known problem, I'd be interested to have a little extra help.

Also I have this problem and not just with the u2311h but with an Apple Cinema 20 "DVI display. Do not think your monitor, my theory is that his" Snow Leopard. Some users say they use a display port video card relief this issue. I had this problem with Leopard 10.5.8, but I think it started happening with 10.6.4 combo update. It does not occur when using a DVI to VGA adapter. Let me also explain what other reason do not think the monitor is at fault. Connected to a PC running Windows 7 shows none of this behavior is. So the problem is software not hardware. Make sense? I messed up the royal apple snow leopard last not only this, but the overall performance of OpenGL on NVIDIA based cards. I have to do more tests. But like I'm watching vertical stripes in certain solid colors. So if you have the option to attempt a previous version before 10.6.4 or Leopard. What version of OS X are you running?

I have the novel cable, but the similar dissatisfaction. Just to verify that I have a Macbook Pro (2009) with OS X 10.6.5, Apple uses a Mini DisplayPort to DVI I can obtain the result of corduroy, and if I utilize an adapter cable StarTech 6 ft. Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort I can acquire the similar result. I have nothing against corduroy, but do not display much fun to do for long periods of time. The use of a NEET Mini DisplayPort to VGA I get no real noticeable scratches, but looks a bit bright for me (just might be my eyes), and the picture is not so strong.

Removing a page was explained back when they were being paranoid about installing in the first place Remove:
    Code:
    sudo rm-rf / System / Library / Extensions / NVinject.kext
    And rebuild the kext with
    Code:
    kext cache cheetha.net assistant /
    I think I've seen the gap very light source before (with and without this injection of adjustment), I cannot say that bothers me. Certainly not as much as the pinstriping done. It is probably a rarity anti-aliasing. SI is because of this, it must be that part of the art anti-aliasing dithering expected to be turned on.