Thread: What’s your observations about Dell 2007FP and 2007WFP

What’s your observations about Dell 2007FP and 2007WFP

After following the evolution of the issue of gangs in this forum for a few weeks, I decided to buy two LCD screens on my dual monitor setup from Dell Canada, a 2007FP as the main screen, and a 2007WFP as secondary / multimedia display. I got both on yesterday, and I think I'm in a fine situation to make some observations. This is what I have:
    1. The 2007FP and the 2007WFP

Both are connected via DVI-D on an ATI Radeon X1900XTX. First, since all the observations of the panels are completely subjective, here is my experience: I do graphic design and photo editing in a professional journal. I just moved from two cathode ray tubes very good: Sony Trinitrons G420s. One of them was about to enter a large cloud of smoke, and that's what triggered the change. What’s your observation on this? Please provide your comment. Thank you.

Re: What’s your observations about Dell 2007FP and 2007WFP

If what you see (blurring / bleeding) in the PMA is exactly what I saw in my FP. So for me this indicates a high probability that the firmware revision corrects this blur and the bands. As for S-PVA vs. IPS. The advantage of SIPS is in the area of coherence. It's viewing angles are much more stable in that very important first 20-30 degrees. Even when I was sitting right in front of my screen APV, the sides of the image was already changing. This is what I like about PVA. It bothered me so much that even though the set panels are obtainable now, and I wish a 4:3 screen, I will not purchase because it is PVA 2007FP. I do not know what your discussion about color inversion. The just thing that caught my attention S-IPS blacks gets purple at intense angles. But these are real extreme angles.

The response time is a bit better on the Samsung panel. If you're in games, is now better with a panel of 4:3 and it will be easier to play at the native resolution, or scale of 4:3 and use all real estate this monitor has to offer. And believe me, is much space. Yesterday I played Battlefield 2 in 1600x1200 and it's just awesome. Crisp, fast and bright. No noticeable ghosting or smearing. I felt that everything I could but was not found. Believe me, if you have to push the graphics card will be in heaven. Get the 2007FP as my main LCD is also based on the fact that to play games to get a 4:03 would be the best option.

Do not laugh, but my current monitor is a 17 "Gateway CrystalScan. Has had for years and eight, and has been a good monitor. I was ready a couple of years for an LCD, but have resisted until they were ready to prime time (and I think we're there). My current video card is a 9800Pro, but will be upgrading, together with motherboard / time Intel launches its new chipsets and such in the coming months. I hope the 1:01 scale available on the Dell monitors I may use some of my 9800Pro to play until you can upgrade. But honestly, my game these days is Pokerstars, the 1600x1200 no doubt allow me to run multiple tables easier!

For inversion of color, is the same as the effect of color purple, but the effect is from above, and the floor is going over the sides or bottom. You're right, it is only at extreme angles, sorry, did not mention it more clearly. As for the pitch-shift, great link man, but that it was what I was looking for when I have it. But I swear, I do not see any change in tone occurs when I'm using the monitor, even when I move my head or if I move in my chair. But yes, say 45 degrees, changing the tone is actually visible (the whites are still yellowish), while not produced in the LDCs, of course.

I have a Costco in my city and it is my understanding that anything bought online with them can be returned to their bricks and mortar, without complications. Their return policy is known to be exceptional and make a full refund of the purchase price online, including S & H and taxes. Excellent performance for pixel problems as well. I know people go to get support for the dignified return of Dell, but it sounds like it's not a sure thing and can be very difficult at times. Let's see if the 2007FP appears on your site. And I too will await your review of the future shone WFP, together with the people who have their WFPS today.