Thread: Dell U3011 shows black screen when connected with Thinkpad T410

Dell U3011 shows black screen when connected with Thinkpad T410

Hello friends I have brought this Dell U3011 monitor for home use so that I can view my Thinkpad T410 laptop screen through that monitor, on the very first day of it use I connected the Thinkpad with the help of a DisplayPort cable onto the Dell U3011 and I was able to see the laptops screen on the Dell monitor quite easily. I was getting 2560x1600 resolution screen on that monitor, but the next day when I tried again I found out that the screen was not showing anything when I connected the ThinkPad again with the same setup, I have tried everything but still I am getting that black screen only so can someone help me to know that what is the problem.

Re: Dell U3011 shows black screen when connected with Thinkpad T410

Hey dude I would want to specially know from you that during the use of the monitor have you unknowingly or knowingly damaged the monitor, like I would want to know that are you getting the black screen only while connecting the display port with the laptop or is it that the monitor is completely black since the time at the startup. If this is a case then I think that there is some internal hardware failure that is causing the problem and you will have to get it fixed.

Dude make sure that you have inserted the DisplayPort cables correctly inside the jack of the monitor, since it could be possible that you might not be inserting the correct plug inside the correct socket and that is why you are facing this kind of a black screen problem. This is same as the TV audio and the video where in if you mismatched the plugs you will get black screen and wired noise so make sure that everything is in perfect position.

Hey first of all you will have to do is that you will have to keep the monitor that is the Dell U3011and the laptop that is the Thinkpad T410 completely off before you connect them with the DisplayPort cables. Once you have got them connected then you will have to turn on the laptop that is the Thinkpad T410 first and then you try to switch on the monitor, try this solution out and then see if you can get everything perfectly on the Dell Monitor screen.

Guys I have got to know that there is some kind of a problem with the monitor itself as I have found out that when I tilt the monitor back by holding from the bottom the laptop screen comes onto the monitor and when I try to move to the other position the black screen comes again onto the monitor screen so what I have come to know that there is some kind of a connector issue of the monitor which is quite loose that is why I was getting the problem, but now everything is find as I have it replaced from the Dell service center.