Thread: Dell u2711 displayport not functioning properly.

Dell u2711 displayport not functioning properly.

The difficulty started when replacing the DVI cable through a DisplayPort cable (using Sapphire card 5670) lots of times the monitor would not start up once goes in sleep mode, and now barely starts all over when the power on the PC, even from a state cold, know for sure that 's not the cable or the PC, and cannot be the ATI drivers, because I did not even boot commands, it`s only black and says" entering sleep mode "If I have the PC to start and pause DOS commands before Windows, then turn off the monitor when paused, it never gets up again, so the problem must be the graphics card sapphire or Dell monitor, but how I can know? I don’t know any person among a displayport monitor or video card to experiment with.

Re: Dell u2711 displayport not functioning properly.

Hello I hope this will help you to solve your problem. For that first restart your system. After that press pause when the first DOS command appeared on a screen. Or you can enter into motherboard BIOS. This two are the same things. No matter with this. After doing this turn off your monitor for 20 sec and again restart your monitor. I would like to know is your screen goes blank and says entering power save mode. I hope it will work. If anyone has any other idea then please share your knowledge with us thank you.

When the monitor says it is entering sleep mode most of whom do not receive a signal because the video card. Did not you obtain a message "No Signal" ahead of saying, "When ingoing power saving mode? I established these two messages when I ongoing the first time through the monitor associated. There was also a flat screen TV connected to the card and for some reason the card was the flat screen, which was disabled as the default monitor and the signal is sent to it. While Windows will not establish in DOS mode the signal go away to the two monitors, when the load control center decide the "Default monitor" and slash the signal to the additional. My two DVI connections had no DisplayPort, but if it no signals that do not matter.

I am considering these problems on ATI, Nvidia, Windows, Linux, Desktops, laptops, and Dell monitors along with no DP. If you permit the monitor to enter into any sleep state, it disables the audio monitor. The monitor encompasses to be cycled on / off to re-link the DP audio by means of your PC sound system. If you allow the monitor to enter into any sleep state, the PC video card free link to the DisplayPort monitor. Possible solutions at the same time as the PC and monitor are in disconnecting / connecting the DP from both ends. And following that, disconnect / connect the monitor power cable as of the flipside of the monitor.

I have simply DisplayPort cable associated to a graphics card so I am unable to "readdress to another port" problem and this difficulty is just by means of DisplayPort, not DVI. There is "no signal" message earlier than toward the inside power saving mode, and obviously I have disabled each and every one power saving mode screens, but that does not matter at any rate for the reason that I have this difficulty in DOS approach as well. Please help me.

I have the U2711 and ATI 5970 and this has in progress happening relatively in recent times. I used to acquire away from it despite the fact that, no more, but forthrightly it’s damn irritating. I also make use of the port connection U711 screen for the other two outputs go to dissimilar screens. It possibly will well be updated ATI CCC has broke this, I know I in recent times upgraded, but I will not downgrade the drivers just for the reason that the monitor is inadequately intended.

I control to discover a DisplayPort to DVI converter, and I can obtain video of the laptop in this approach, by means of the DVI on the monitor. Difficulties only take place when connected straightforwardly stuck between U2410 and ThinkPad. All the way through DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. It `s impossible to use the Dell monitor u2711 DisplayPort cable, I'm in actuality hopeful that Dell is trying to discover an explanation to this difficulty.