Thread: My games lag when I play it on MSI radeon 6990 video card

My games lag when I play it on MSI radeon 6990 video card

Hello there, I am here to discuss the problem that I am facing in the Radeon 6990 video card, I have recently purchased the radeon 6990 and in performance wise it is bad when it come in games, the games that I play in the computer provide me with lot of stuttering. The display of the games that is set is around 30 frames, but it provides the display in such a way that it lag the games in a very bad way. It is even worse when I play the game Heaven benchmark 2.5, here in this case it will just crawl but the tessellation setting will be showed as 16 FPS, I sometime feel that the game is in the slide show mode, as that bad it is. All the precaution like the power supply, cooling effects and the driver updation is been properly provided, but I am not able to find out what is the problem in it.

Re: My games lag when I play it on MSI radeon 6990 video card

Hello there, I have just gone through your problem, and it seems that the problem is not in the software or such that but the main issue is in the hardware that you have recently purchased, as you have mentioned that all the thing that you have done is right and also the power supply that you are providing is up to the mark, so you just go for changing the hardware as it is in the warranty period, so if you do that then see that the new hard ware that you are purchasing is one of the best, and it must be tested by the provider in such a way that you should be provided the best way.

Hello there, I have just gone through your problem, you can just do one thing, the current VGA driver that are present in the computer must be having some kind of the error in that so you just try to remove the driver that are present in it by doing the driver sweep by using any of the good software that will help you in doing that, once you have done that then restart the computer in the safe mode and after this install the VGA driver in the computer and see that it is working fine or not. It may happen that when you install the driver in the computer it will not ask for restarting the computer, but when you do that there may be some of the problem in setting of the resolution of the same.

Hi there, I have done all the thing that you have told me like changing the drivers and all that stuff, but it is not working, but now even the heaven benchmark game which was working fine is not working that good, I even tried changing the resolution till the 5760x1200 to see that it may work in a normal way but it was not happening, it would always limit my setting to 1600x1200. It may happen that the driver that you have install currently is not that compatible or the new one may also consist of some of the error in it, as the new is the good version, it is still giving the same problem, try with the other driver and see what is the result, if the result is the same then change the device only.

Hey guys thanks a lot for all the support that you have been constantly providing me from the start. As you people had provided me with a lot of solution for the problem, I was able to find out all the particular solution that I was also not knowing, this help me in the argument that I was doing with the provider, as it was in the warranty period, the supplier was not ready to accept the device, but all the solution that you people ha d told me was done by me and I was confident that it was a faulty device, so finally the device was exchanged.