Thread: 580gtx sli going hot with Crysis 2 demo

580gtx sli going hot with Crysis 2 demo

Hello friends I have got this new 580GTX SLI graphics card installed on my system and I was able to play all the games equally pretty well with no kind of a problem at all, I have played the likes of a COD, Fifa and many other games that requires really very high end graphics, but when I tried playing the demo version of the Crysis , I find that the GPU was getting too hot and the temperature was really getting to reach 80 C, so can any one help me to know that what is causing all these stuff.

Re: 580gtx sli going hot with Crysis 2 demo

Have you tried overclocking the graphics card or is it is just as it I when you try playing this demo game the temperature starts to increase, if you are trying to overclock it so I think that you might be getting the GPu to overclock to a very large extent or you might not be using the good and the effective tools to overclock and that is the reason why the GPU is getting hotter, so make sure that you overclock the same perfectly.

Since it is just a demo version of the game, so I think that there could be some kind of a problem with the game and that is why it is causing this kind of a very high temperature with the GPU, so what I think that if you are not getting the problem with some other game and with only this game so, there could be a possibility that you might have some kind of glitch in the game.

Dude what I think that there could be a problem with the GPU as it is not getting the cooling that your card would want to have so you must see to it that you have got the fans perfectly on the top of the GPU so that it gets the best cooling that can help to reduce the temperature of the GPU as well as the CPU, so see to it first that everything is perfect inside the case.

If the problem still persist than what you should do is that you should try and accumulate a 140 fan right next to the cards, like 5 cms and blow air in them as well as a 120 on the bottom of the case which blows in their direction as well. You can even make use of the Afterburner fan that can even help you to deliver a right kind of a cooling to the GPU that you would want, with this the temperature will surely get reduced and you will get high performance as well.