Thread: Low FPS issues with HD6950

Low FPS issues with HD6950

I really had huge expectations with this card as I had specially installed it on my system as I have come to know that this card delivers really very high performance and even the FPS count is really very good. In the review of the 6950 I came to know that it was getting 53 max fps I barely see 30 fps. I also have it over clocked to 900 core 1375 mem. I am running metro 2033 in Dx11 mode with the maximum settings at 1920x1080. I'm running the latest drivers from AMD. With games like CS, Dragon Age 2, COD I am really getting low FPS, so can someone help me to know that what would be causing the problem.

Re: Low FPS issues with HD6950

Fist of all check to see if you have got the best configuration that is necessary for the graphics card you must also try playing some other games as well and see what happens, if with all the games you are getting the low FPS count then the problem will surely be with the graphics card, so what I think that you will have to look for some other card that will help you to deliver high FPS.

I think that there could be a loss of frame rate and latency of a connection. The engine of war is not very well optimized and it feels about this kind of big fights 100vs100 and over, then I understand the loss of fps but 20 or even 50 players is strange indeed ... especially given your recent config or maybe is it a problem of hardware conflict. Chances are even that the GPu might be overheating and due to which it is affecting the system.

Try to disable the Turbo Core processor and then see what happens, there is even some kind of a possibility that the PSU might not be providing the power that is required for the driver or it can be even possible that the GPU might be getting overheated and that is why you are getting very low FPS count with the games that you try to play on the system, so make sure that you have got all of this things placed correctly.

If after going through all the above solutions then also if you are not able to get the problem solved than one thing that you can even try out is changing the resolution, or the video settings and see by that if you can get the graphics card to perform the way that you would want to have, that is you get the best fps with the same.