Thread: ATI Radeon 5970 unable to work after bios updating

ATI Radeon 5970 unable to work after bios updating

I am having a ATI Radeon 5970 as my video card and the processor is core i7. I had an issue with my ATI Radeon 5970 and was looking out for some solution to fix the issue. I was told a few solutions like using MSI after burning software or change the CCC.I tried all those but nothing seemed to change. Finally I stared with the BIOS update and then that was it. Now my card doesn’t show any screen shot .When I restart the PC the card makes some sound and then the PC goes on standby light. So if anyone knows the solution then please help me out.

Re: ATI Radeon 5970 unable to work after bios updating

I think that you just need to do install another card while leaving your ATI Radeon while leaving your 5970 in your case and then re flash your BIOS. You have a master and slave GPU and there are individual bios for each GPU present. So you just need to remember that if you mix them up or if you flash both GPU’s with same bios then you'll run into the issue you have. And also you don’t have another card then you will be in trouble.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I went through the solution and I have a bit of confusion on what was said. Actually I am very much in problem and don’t know how to get away with it as it’s for the first time that I am facing with this problem. So I didn’t get you properly on what you said about another card. So it would be better if you just elaborate a bit more so that it will be helpful for me to solve the issue that I am facing.

I think that I can help you a bit to resolve this issue. What you need is a another card working which should be a ATI Radeon 5970. And this should be at motherboard second slot. The first card will be displayed and then you can enter into the BIOS setup. Then you need to flash the BIOS to your faulty card. But here I have doubt on how to select faulty 5970 flashing instead of working one. So you just need to be a bit careful over here.

According to me the XFX 2GB 5970 will be your reference card. And you also have to remember that you can use the same bios used on any other reference card as they all use the same components. But there could have been some issue and the only time it could have created is when if you had the 4GB 5970.Also for me I guess that there is not a need for second 5970.you can resolve the issue with single card itself.

Thanks a lot for your replies. And I would like to thank you for clearing my mind a bit. Now I am not as confused as I was before. To come back to the issue I would tell you that I have another HD 3400 from ATI. So can I use this for re flashing the 5970 as well? Also I got to know from someone that after updating the BIOS as I carried on the previous card 5970 it will be permanently dead and I can’t use it again. But I am sure that this is not true and it is not possible that a card can be permanently be dead.