Thread: Is GTX 580 performing properly?

Is GTX 580 performing properly?

So here is what I came for my GTX 480 due to problems soc fan and give me the opportunity to take a GTX 580 (paying the difference, of course) instead of replacing my old card. The problem is that I really like the MSI gtx 580 Twin Frozr II / OC, but some people complain that Crysis crashes when running and due to the tension of the factory under or something like 3dmark11. Another thing is that I do not much like the cards with reference coolers. I do not know why. So gtx 580 if you recommend and GTX 580s are known to be faulty? You will see all the individual opinions. Thank you.

Re: Is GTX 580 performing properly?

They contain zero direct cooling VRM. It is not good quality for OC'ng and long life. The stock cooler on the 580 is extremely good quality TBH. But I have my equipped with an Arctic Cooling AXP now, just because I had it. Now, as for the 580, and orientation cards are everyone the same dissimilarity, just the package and guarantee for your country. People will almost certainly say acquire EVGA or Asus. just for good representatives, but personally I just got the cheapest of reference in his country. Later you can add an aftermarket cooler if you wish. I went for a cheapo PNY GTX 580. It proved an outstanding card, the default VID is v1.000. That means it is a extremely high-quality chip. It's a lottery what actions will VID, of any manufacturer. So I always go with the cheapest. Thank you.

Thanks to you for your quick replies on my query. What you articulate it formulates common sense. I suppose I get the EVGA GTX 580 SC. I am a little worried about the temperatures though. By the way I've heard with the intention of orientation cards are superior for SLI because the hot air out the back of the card? Can anyone confirm that if they explain it? Thank you again. If anyone has any other suggestion related with GTX 580 then please do reply. All replies are greatly appreciated.

Get the price, I have been saying that for a long time and I have no problems. It's good to have a card that blows hot air out of the case, more than ever when you have multiple cards. This prevents the hot air to stay inside where the board is trying to get fresh air to cool the card. But off course if the card has few followers mass, more / larger heat pipes and so on, also keep you cooler in SLI. I hope it will help you to understand about GTX 580 thank you.

A cooler generally refers to blowing hot air out the case. For a video card that has its highs and lows. The ceilings are preventing if temperatures get too high if the case is a good flow of air into the interior. To achieve this with a 2-slot cooler, a small fan should be used, which blows from the end of the card (internal) to another (outside). The lows are that if you did not mind that, you can have a larger fan blowing in the center of the heat sink and heat diffusion in several directions and it gives better performance, assuming the case air flow is sufficient to keep case temperatures raise significantly or the case is opened. SLI now, the necessary flow of air is much more if the cards do not blow hot air out of themselves. Still though, if the airflow is enough or the case is opened the performance is higher. On the Nvidia side, the cooler design classic is a safer option, which should give the lowest RMA.

I do not agree that MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II / OC are overrated or not up to its name. I have one and am very happy with how it performs. EVGA GTX 580 SC exchanged for it. Perhaps the reference cooler blows air, but it’s weak and strong. If you have decent airflow in your case Twin’s Frozr will present nicely. It true that outside the box gave MSI low voltage with high clock. Mine is in default in the evga 1000 v with 797 MHz core was only 1,088. But it's so easy to fix, you're probably going to overclock that anyway. I have mine at only 1.050v @ 850/1700/2200 and it does not feel attracted to me once.