Thread: does anyone try flash gtx 460se with gtx 460

does anyone try flash gtx 460se with gtx 460

Hello everyone, I am not familiar with gtx 460, does anyone try flash gtx 460se with gtx 460 regular bios? I try with Forum evga me and in that admin says, it is possible to unlock the full version of its. I'm afraid the video card will not work after flash. Do you think Flash settings are safe? I attempt to flash with Palit 460 by way of Palit Sonic 460SE platinum BIOS. If I contain the black screen, that can flash the old bios backup 460se gtx? Please help me out to solve this problem. I try to find out it on internet but no success. All replies are appreciated.

re: does anyone try flash gtx 460se with gtx 460

Flash through dos windows 98 boot starting the USB drive. So if you one way or another did not go well and not anything appears on the monitor and be blind flash the unique bios to get it working again. This is only probable if you can without human intervention get the boot command line so for this you have to use DOS. These things never happened to me, I just flashed my gpu and that some research beforehand and found this. Anyway, good luck if you go to with the flash card.

I have not at all had troubles flashing back unique BIOS when the card is not operational after a BIOS flash. I memorize the 6200 AGP card which you possibly will flash it to 6600. I happened to have a disability as 6200 with unit unhealthy and had to go back after that. Another time it was a 6600 that was voltage modded and I flash the BIOS in the direction of a subordinate voltage inside 2D with the voltage-mod rose to normal, leaving just 3D volts higher real. The difficulty was that subsequent to eliminate the voltage, the card decline to start through low 2D voltage and had to flash back.

Hello I hope this will help you I made some DOS settings in which nvflash 9 shows me that it clear all bios. And nvflash 4-5-6 fullgtx460.rom shows me evga and palit sonic platinum I try these settings two times. After that in my windows I observe, 336 shader processor. But when I update my driver it again show me 288. I try this all settings two times. First I try this with sonic platinum BIOS, and second time I try this with evga super clocked version. And it looks card GTX 460 after laser cute. According to me it requires different BIOS cleaning method?

Hello some day before I faced same problem but after that I make some command setting in my DOS. And don’t know how but it works. So I remember that commands you try this command with your system.
    nvflash.exe --index=0 nameofnewbios.rom
    nvflash.exe -b 460sebackup.rom

nvflash.exe –protectoff
    After this commands just restart your system. And you require to install drivers for video cards. Hope this will help thank you.

Re: does anyone try flash gtx 460se with gtx 460

In attendance is additional ways to disable parts of a chip, other than the BIOS, or the theory of laser cutting. I am just saying it is not practical to use a laser to destroy or disable parts of a chip. I can tell you the device ID of the 460se is 0x0E23 while a device ID 0x0E22 460 is normal. The device ID has been conventionally stored in the BIOS and changing, and now if you change the ID of the dev 460se in the BIOS for the chip replaces 0x0E22 0x0E23. So also it is an area on top of the chip so as to be read-only memory that stores the identifier is 0 ohm resistors on the board to set the bits of identification. No one has establish the theory of laser cutting to be true, but everybody accepts that the truth, and that discourage the majority to try something else than a simple BIOS mod. The myth of laser cutting is loved by Nvidia and cooperation. It works in your favor.