Thread: Voodoo 3 3000 for surfing through the Internet

Voodoo 3 3000 for surfing through the Internet

I am having a Voodoo 3 3000 on my older machine which usually gets freeze whenever I try to go through any website having many graphics on it. My machine is running a Windows Millennium Edition. I have tried to load National Geographic Kids website many times but it always gets freeze. I don't know whether Voodoo 3 is not able to handle this or there is some other reason for freezing.

Re: Voodoo 3 3000 for surfing through the Internert

I guess there is nothing wrong with the voodoo card that you are having on your machine. I think you should check about the RAM which might be responsible for freezing of your Windows ME machine. I would like to ask you that how much Mb of ram your machine has as if it is much lesser then it is obvious that heavy websites would be increasing the cpu usage of browser and hence your browser gets hang while trying to do the same.

It may be browser only which is not capable of loading the webpages that has flash or video running on it. I suggest you to check about this issue by loading the youtube as it is the best website for viewing videos on your computer. If your browser can load youtube videos then there is nothing to worry about it. But make sure that your browser has a flash support which is very much needed to stream videos.

Yes, Even I think that the problem is related to the browser that you are using on your machine. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete as soon as your browser gets freeze. If this does not show Task Manager then your whole machine have got freeze, You can only reboot to get rid of it. Once you reboot your machine, then try loading the same website by using some other browser to check that it gets freeze again or not. If yes then may be your machine needs better ram support.

It seems like that your machine does not has better processor which is not capable of taking much load or multi-tasking. I think it is time to upgrade the hardware of your machine otherwise you may not use an internet on your machine which sounds bit crazy. And most of the websites are going to be having a flash advertisements or videos on their web pages which will frustrate you all the time, So you better upgrade your hardware.

At this point, anything from before the era of the Pentium 4 is coming perilously close to being obsolete hardware, if you are trying to run Windows on it. What happens is that modern browsers and the modern content on the web has become more resources. However, you can maximize your PC performance by running Linux instead of Windows because the Linux kernel are much less of a resource hog of the nuclei of Windows are. In short, to get the most out of an old computer that only you use to surf the web, for example, a ditch Windows and switch to Linux. There are many Linux distributions to choose from. A first-class distribution of Linux for use on an old machine as your machine would be 750Mhz Celeron Xubuntu. It's system requirements are lower than some of the most striking Linux distributions, but does the job. If you try and discover that it is still sluggish, search the web for more lightweight distro. There are tons of them out there. Google is your friend.