Thread: ASUS HD 6850 Crossfire graphic card not working properly

ASUS HD 6850 Crossfire graphic card not working properly

I installed the first 6850 a small number of weeks earlier than I might pay the second. When the second inwards I installed and updated drivers, Then I realized I should have deleted the drivers before you update the drivers for both cards. By downloading the newest version of the package of 11.2 CCC, will be familiar with the two cards and mechanically install drivers for both cards? Then I downloaded driver sweeper and cleaned all the ATI drivers for my pc. Then use the CD that comes with the cards and drivers are loaded base. Finally, I went to AMD site and download the revised CCC 11.2 and 11.01a think. (It was the newest and hot only solution for my card and operating system configuration.) Then go to steam and try to run l4d2 and says that my video drivers are updated and the game does not work as intended. I try to play the game with some very low settings and the graphics are clean, but being wrong. By clean I mean it is not clear, but certainly where they belong. My old computer is running the 4850HD and the graphics were vastly better at it. Then I exit the game and the use of vapor GPU driver update to address the problem of unknown drivers. AMD has me download the driver put together and install it. I l4d2 re-run and low and observe the similar matter. Then run driver sweeper again and reinstall the drivers CD. The game does not recognize it. Then re-run driver fumes form and the problem still exist. The difficulty through that is ASUS Radeon HD 6850 1GBDDR5 ram. So in attendance have to be a problem somewhere with these programs does not recognize the GPU.

re: ASUS HD 6850 Crossfire graphic card not working properly

Hello guys I am facing same problem. This may be the root of all my problems. Do I need a Y-Dongle to run properly in the crossfire in this system? I have a crossfire bridge that connects the two cards together inside the case, but only one HDMI cable from my computer - monitor. The latter is shown how gpu bus interface can support version 2.0 and only one of the two cards is 2.0 the other is running v1.1. I clean every driver on or after AMD with the updated driver sweeper 2.9 and after that uninstall the CCC. Again install the package of 11.2 CCC and GPU-Z reads the two cards inside crossfire with the v2.0 web site to attempt and observe if you be able to play Crysis 2 still does not read my GPU and keeps saying l4d2 my drivers are outdated.

I Everest tremendous for my chipset Motherboard and make sure the drivers from Asus page for any updates. On that page there was some very low famous driver update that I downloaded and installed. After that I came back to Yougamers site to decide if the computer could handle Crysis 2 and I at a standstill get the similar consequences. I'm preliminary to believe that one of the two cards has a problem. I will remove the last card shipped and try running the test each card separately and see what happens. So I lastly make default settings. 2 weeks of this lack of sense and is very frustrating for me. Please help me.

It really sounds like you are having problems with the drivers. Be sure to uninstall the drivers with the Catalyst Install Manager and select Customize and make sure everything about your GPU drivers. I have heard that maybe the recommended or "fast" uninstall chipset drivers take you are at a meeting of AMD? I am not 100% sure. Remove the drivers of current through the Catalyst Install Manager Restart in safe mode and clean via display drivers Driver Sweeper, restart Windows and install 11.2 and reboot. And yes, if you change the letters around the ID card is different and the drivers will not recognize. Both cards must be running PCI-E 2.0 x16.

I know this is not what we want to hear, but if both cards are working then the driver installation is screwed all or possibly the motherboard needs a BIOS update? I have seen others running the same board + CF not including any troubles, so I do not think it having problem. Both cards are not being used correctly for any motivation. Your 3dmark11 score is only 1.000 points ahead of one of my 5850s. So I say the problems board instructions. I hope this will help you to solve problem. Thank you.

Re: ASUS HD 6850 Crossfire graphic card not working properly

Hello thank you for your replies. I was tired of wasting time and need the working draft, as well as personal communication with my family abroad. The format set the difficulty even although I installed the whole obsession the same way as earlier. I have no idea what happened and have not had time to run any bench tests of 3DMark. I'm going to do tonight and post the results. I do not know where I have to write brand wise with my system. If anyone knows a good round on the number you must hit please let me know? I furthermore met with GPU-Z and the box does not demonstrate the CPU in CF, but there is a dropdown menu at the bottom with the name of the graphics card, when I choose the additional card that displays the CPU in CF mode of operation and together running at 2.0 @ 16x. Is it usual to have to modify the GPU on the bottom to observe CF is working?