Thread: how to fit an Xfi PCI 1x express card in a P67 UD7?

how to fit an Xfi PCI 1x express card in a P67 UD7?

What I'm reading, it seems that the heat sink in the gigabyte P67 UD7 NF200 blocks 1x PCI slot, which prevents their use with an Xfi. I know I can put it in the bottom slot PCIx8.But I'm not sure about some things that how to go with a pair of X-5970 is dismissed I'm already running at x8 lanes?. If true, then there is no harm in placing the Xfi in x8 PCI slot, right? Or is it that people with x8 slot Xfi reduce bandwidth? If so, is there another way to make a PCI card express_1 Xfi this board (one of the "regular" PCI slots) through a kind of expansion card?

Re: how to fit an Xfi PCI 1x express card in a P67 UD7?

Hello friend read this. It may help you to solve your problem.If two video cards is put in the correct slots then both will run on x16. But that is only until it is connected to the NF200 chip, after that point they both have to use the same x16 link that connects the NF200 chip to the CPU. So the two video cards share the same bandwidth as x16, but each card can reach the maximum bandwidth of x16, if the other card does not happen to any need at the moment. If sound card is placed in any one of the x16 then a video card will slashed to a x8 connection to the NF200 chip. In practice, this will have not any effect on the performance in games.

In my view, you have three options. Sound card should be placed in one of the free x16. It is not likely to harm your frame rate while playing games. You can use the audio on the motherboard. There is not much reason for using a sound card these days. unless there is some reason to be unhappy with it, this is the easiest solution to your problem. Buy a PCI card for sound. The PCI bus has bandwidth to support a sound card, so there is no need of using a PCI-Express instead. This would be the most expensive option, assuming you already bought the PCI-Express sound card, but would not take any bandwidth from your display card.

I liked the sound card called Xfi is the decent sound card for games. But it seems I'll have to go with option and get a PCI card although I know a x8 for Xfire probably not a significant bottleneck. I did not get it best suit because creative does not provide a high-end PCI card - Anyhow I took pci card for game now .and looking for something better.

Hello frien I want to let you know that I have Sound Blaster Live! I will use this forever, because I thought the onboard sound was a ruin because of this it seems to have improved, while it was ignored. Over time I started having trouble getting drivers to work with new operating systems and live and only began to use the board and have not noticed. But honestly, I've never been much of an audiophile.