Thread: A TV tuner card is not showing picture in MSI E6600

A TV tuner card is not showing picture in MSI E6600

Hello friends, I had recently purchased a TV tuner card for my computer, the operating system that was present in the computer was windows 7. I installed the driver and the devices into the computer, and it was looking perfectly fine, now when I on the computer, and scan for the channels I saw that the channel were getting scanned and also the sound was been played but the picture was not been displaying in the monitor, only the grey patch was been displayed in the monitor without any movement happening in it. I am not able to find out exactly where the problem is been occurring I thought you people may help me in getting the work done in the proper way.

Re: A TV tuner card is not showing picture in MSI E6600

What kind of the windows 7 system is been used by you is it 32 bit or a 64 bit? Yes this is where the bit issues come in to the picture if you are using windows 7 as a operating system in the computer. If you are using the 32 bit version then it will likely cause you the problem so then you should go with the 64 bit version hence it will come to the picture because it take a lot of resources in the 64 bit. Also I have noticed that the drivers which was recently released was having a certain kind of bugs that were present in it, so try using a different version of the driver which will eliminate the problem of the picture that are not displaying in the monitor.

I don’t think that this will be the problem, because it had been noticed that while scanning the channels in the system some amount of display of the object could be seen in it. But after some time when the whole scanning procedure is been over it would just give the grey patch and no display in the monitor, but it may also be the case, I may not have properly thought about it. I will do the thing that you have told me to do and check if that is been working or not. Apart from this is there any other solution for the problem.

Since the software is not yet been compatible with the windows 7 this may be the issue of display which is not been happening so before doing any of the other modification, I will recommend you that you should try the same device and the driver that you have got from this device in other operating system and check if the device is been working proper or not, till you do this the chances of concluding anything is almost nil. So just do those things or else make a partition of different operating system and see that if it is working there or not, if it is working there then this problem is due to the compatibility issue.

Yes my friend he is right regarding the compatibility issue can be seen here, so that you unnecessary do not make any wrong decision and prolong the matter to far, once you have checked it in another operating system, just see that you try using various other software related to this TV tuner issues that help in getting all the features in a proper manner. So even if it does not work properly then try replacing those devices that you had purchased from the company or the dealer. It may be it is a damage piece that is not working in the computer of yours.