Thread: State of the LED panel in MSI

State of the LED panel in MSI

Apparently, our cries of MSI to fall on deaf ears, so the task seems to take this beast are on us. Not much has been any progress here lately in the LED panel, so I would gather all the information that someone is here and perhaps create a plan of attack.
    First off, I'm running a MEGA 180 and here are programs known to operate its panel:
    1. MSI Media Center III
    2. PC Alert 4
    3. MSI Radio

Common files between these programs are ForMpc.dll, ForMpcLcd.dll, MSIDrvIF.dll and mpcsys.SYS. MSIDrvIF.dll seems remote control, which in turn activates other programs to run screen. I'm not sure what role mpcsys.SYS yet. However, I looked through hex dumps all versions of ForMpc.dll and ForMpcLcd.dll, and both have found a rather interesting: "MegaPanel." So I tried combinations of temporarily renaming both ForMpcLcd.dll ForMpc.dll and then implement their programs to see if that would prevent the display turns on and demonstrate their importance. Indeed, the name change ForMpc.dll did the trick. Maybe "ForMpc.dll" means "For MEGA Control Panel." Regarding the importance of ForMpcLcd.dll, I'm thinking that this file has a role in MEGA panels are just that: LCD screens. If someone with a 400 or 651 MEGA could try this experiment, I appreciate it. As for previous posts that neither of these export files of functions, is technically incorrect. Both export a single function, respectively: "MainEntry." With a single function, which could help reduce? As for the parameters passed, I have no idea. Another curious chain was presented in hex downloads, a registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ MSI \ EPA. If you move to that location in the registry is a folder with 4 dwords: 0, 1, 2, 3. I'm still trying to figure out if it plays any role. Now, "Sean" is the first name of a man, so in any case, this gives us a new name to curse.

Re: State of the LED panel in MSI

Well, the last real development I did was to pre win95 DOS. So I know nothing of current. However, there are numerous cut / analysis of executable programs available. Just being silly for a few minutes I came across this which looks very good. PE File Explorer. Resource Editor. Disassemble. In addition it has 30 days free of charge. Using a tool like this can map out the functions of the operating system subroutines, parameter lists, and many other things about any executable file. It's hard work and requires a good deal of knowledge about data structures and good intuition. But if anyone here is currently involved in the actual programming that would probably have a better response. Any other suggestions on this.

Good software is IDA is a lot of functions in ForMpc.dll. I do not think you can use this DLL without a library and linking header file anyway. I stopped my work in the DLL, as it was too hard to get something from it. At the moment I think it is impossible to control the LCD panel. I think the Bluebird VL + firmware that control the display and that are passing through DLL files for metadata. MSI otherwise would be to publish some applications like "welcome" as they did in the past.

Interesting; single executable that accesses directly ForMpc.dll is PC Alert 4. The other two applications to access it through MSIDrvIF.dll, and both versions are exporting large number of functions with (almost) the names of great help. Be nschmid indicated in the beam line plug-in that he does not believe that controls the Mega Group directly, but I cannot find any link between the executable program and ForMpc.dll.

PC Alert 4 is the only software that actually sends information to the LCD screen to display (ie, temperatures), any other software (ie CD player, Windows Media Player) only "talks" to the module bluebird which in turn then controls the display. Despite being a piece of junk software, PC Alert 4 will be the key to control the LCD. Any of your information when I tried to alert the PC 4 on my mega 651, it is not surprising to hear that did not work properly (CPU temperature 239 ° C?), but also appeared on the screen. For your project to screen control applies only to the 180 and 865 (using the same LCD), the 651 will be another situation, because the screen is different, so any control codes will be different

I lessened the field a little more. MSI Media Center III only accessed MSIDrvIF.dll five functions, which are:
    DIF_FreeDrvIF
    DIF_InitDrvIF
    DIF_RD_PanelOn
    DIF_CheckMBType
    DIF_FS_SetAPStats
    These last two features are unique MSIDrvIF.dll of MMCIII version, which means you're missing out on the radio version of MSI. Nschmid now determines what the first three not the beam in his plugin thread. As DIF_CheckMBType, I guess the MB means something like "motherboard" or "memory bus." Again, this is a spell, so no actual data is sent here. This leaves a real candidate: DIF_FS_SetAPStats. The next step is to set breakpoints and MMCIII waste time to see what is passed to this function. I have to study for a test tonight, however, so you should wait at least a day.