Thread: LucidLogix enables Hydra for Graphics Cards

LucidLogix enables Hydra for Graphics Cards

I love to play the video games, so I have to keep updating myself about graphic card. I am knowing from last year that LucidLogix enables Hydra for Graphics Cards due to which the advanced graphics are supported. Now I have not used it till now, and I am eager to know about it. In theory, the promise of being able to mix AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards, sound and performance of its old graphics card with the new in order to perpetuate the best investment. But want to know that are there any drawbacks of this process? I have tried to tried to find, but didn't got anything related to it.!! Please provide me with necessary information.

Re: LucidLogix enables Hydra for Graphics Cards

Since our last test, several new versions of drivers have succeeded. The first change you may notice is aesthetic: the pilot is now skinned. It's mostly a fig leaf, since the accusations that had been made earlier to know the complete lack of information provided by the profiles (I do not know if a title is compatible with Mode A, N or X ) are always valid. The following is list combines all the games compatible in all existing formats (+ NVIDIA NVIDIA, ATI + ATI, Nvidia + ATI) and does nothing to guide us in what games are actually accelerated :

If the PDF documentation included with the drivers indicated these differences, it is no longer the case!! The list is now common with some annotations on a case by case basis, simply stating the compatibility double and triple GPU (the latter method is significantly less compatible than the conventional mode). In the case of the latest drivers, the list has even been omitted, we find this partial list in the release notes of version 1.7.102.

As we saw, unfortunately, in practice, the limitations are many. Support for limited driver versions (Lucid indicated its technology compatible with all AMD and NVIDIA drivers), reduced performance when mixing the cards that have a high performance gap (Lucid advises more than 30% deviation between cards) and questionable compatibility with some titles yet validated our last encounter with the Hydra 200 does not we will leave an everlasting memory.

I (& my friends) tried a few performance tests in combining two cards relatively similar in terms of functionality and performance, Radeon HD 6850 and GeForce GTX 460 1 GB (two cards advertised as compatible in 1.7.103). The GeForce card is placed in the main, as recommended by Lucid. We used the drivers qualified by the manufacturer, namely 260.99, NVIDIA, and AMD 10.10e. By mixing two midrange cards, we maximize the chances of gains and avoid being limited by the processor. Clearly the ideal case for the Hydra 200 chip.

When the annotations provided for each game in the documentation provided with the drivers and it only mentions the most serious problems! Ditto for the promise of universal compatibility with drivers from ATI and NVIDIA, it is not required and Hydra was, in our tests, completely incompatible with the drivers for the 200 series of the firm to the chameleon. The lack of transparency about the real capabilities of the technology is the point in most gene. Indeed, in its FAQ on their site, LucidLogix insists its side generic method in insisting that there is no need for "tuning" specific for a particular game, but said that new drivers are launched to provide the best possible performance. Phrasing for the least ambiguous and that makes a complete abstraction of profiles present in the driver. The manufacturer does not offer on its website table directly indicate the supported games, and how this configuration, you should download the drivers to be able to access them.

Problems encountered, despite pilot stabilized since the official release, pass the first hours of SLI and Crossfire technologies for happy memories. Draw significant additional performance of a second card is an obstacle course. And when put face to face with a technology like Crossfire, beyond a few benchs well optimized in most cases multi-GPU technology from ATI is much more efficient, and it is easy to imagine that The same is true if we had been able to look at Hydra SLI. The argument is to rotate different models, something not authorized by ATI and Nvidia, is also limited in practice by the fact that Lucid insists that the cards are used with no more than 30% performance of away. In practice, our tests showed asymmetrical configuration that you get reduced performance often enough. Same for setup GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 285 for which we could achieve that result in incomplete testing that our GeForce GTX 285 has passed away during the tests. We noted a gain of 30% performance in 3D Mark Vantage by the addition of the GeForce GTX 285, while in Far Cry 2 decline was 25% without anti aliasing, and 10% in World in Conflict mode 4x anti aliasing. Despite the efforts of LucidLogix, we must remain clear-headed Hydra in front of their technology: it remains a showcase, not a finished product meets the standards of expectation for players. You have been warned!!!