Thread: Dell XPS 15: TV tuner card is not recognizing

Dell XPS 15: TV tuner card is not recognizing

I am having a Dell XPS 15 laptop, this machine is very much impressed me with its features along with the look of that machine. I basically use this to do some of my official works like access internet and some of other works via excel worksheet and spreadsheet. My laptop is running on the windows 7 paltform. I am using an external TV tuner in my machine to watch online and cable TV programs. It worked fine till the last few days. But suddenly from few days I am facing an peculiar type of problem with the TV tuner. This not recognized by the machine. I can’t understand why this problem arrives. I am not having such type of problem regarding this problem, so suggest me any trick or way to overcome from the problem.

Re: Dell XPS 15: TV tuner card is not recognizing

As per my knowledge I think the driver that you are using for the external TV tuner card is not working. I had the similar issue with my Pinnacle Hybrid TV Tuner, after that I research about this problem and found that the driver that I am using with the TV tuner card is damaged. For that I was not getting proper signal and along with that the machine directs me not able to recognize the tuner card. So for that I would like to suggest you to replace or update the driver version with a new version. Open the driver or the driver applications where you save the installation folder and look for the device driver and right click on it, make sure that the machine is connected with internet service. Now select update option, this will collect the update version information for the tuner manufacture web site. Go through this process, I hope this will definitely helps you top overcome from the problem.

According to my opinion, i know that TV tuner cards are collaborate with the graphics chip card that you are using in your machine. I think there might be any problem on that. So for that I would like to suggest you to re-install the driver from your machine. Insert the driver installation disk and reboot your machine, now enter into the device manager, open the display driver tab and select the device driver, be remembering that, during this process if the display device or the TV tuner card is attached with the machine replace that one. Now right click on the driver name and select the update option, this will ask you to select either the offline or online, select eth offline option and from there browse the driver either form the disk or if you store this one in some other place in your machine. Go through this technique, this will hopefully help you.

There was a similar issue with my TV tuner card which i was facing, by which I am not able to watch any TV program either from online or from the offline cable TV programs. But in my case I solved this problem by myself. I simply checked all the connections in my machine whether they are properly configured or not along with that I checked on the control panel for the display chip card. And found that the connection was not properly made and the cable is misplaced. So I suggest you to go through the checking process to make sure that you are having the right connectivity of the TV tuner card with your machine.