Thread: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX700 DLNA: Poor video quality using windows 7 “play to”

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX700 DLNA: Poor video quality using windows 7 “play to”

While I utilize the "play to" option in windows media player 12 the whole thing works but the video which streams to the TV is very awful quality. The majority of the time the video does not even play in full screen. while I primary put it all up and utilized the TV to search for the video file, it played in great resolution and quality but currently it does not stuff if I choose the video on the TV or utilize play to both ways I receive poor video quality. Are there any settings for streaming video excellence in Microsoft windows 7? I have the present firmware for the TV updated and have attempted it on two dissimilar computers with the similar awful results. What can I do to repair this? Any ideas????

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-40EX700 DLNA: Poor video quality using windows 7 “play to”

There is not anything incorrect with your graphic card drivers. The TV is the one which makes the video file not the graphic adapter on your computer. The cause for which you have an awful video quality is the partial support of media formats which your TV supports. Frequently, Sony Bravia TVs have a limited set of media formats sustained and because of this; the majority of the time the Play To and Windows 7 will send transcended versions of the video file to the TV. Usually, the method how Play To works is the following:
    1. Play to queries the TV for the media formats maintained.
    2. If the TV supports the media form which you are annoying to render, the Play to will send the inhabitant stream to your TV. The quality will be the one gives by your video file.
    3. If the TV does not support the inhabitant format, the Windows 7 as well presents transcended versions of the similar video file: MPEG 2 and WMV associated versions.
    4. Play to favors to make the playback probable anytime so it will select a transcended version if the inhabitant format is not supported. DLNA permissions support for MPEG NTSC or MPEG PAL formats, so these will be the ordinary denominator.

I have experienced quite a lot of Sony Bravia TVs in the previous couple of years of Play To development, and lots of times the playback was transcoded. I guess that is the case for you too. Unluckily, there is not anything you can do, except Sony decides to support your media file natively. To make things inferior, the quality of the transcoded version depends greatly of the quality of the inhabitant files, windows 7 transcode to inferior resolution than the native. It will not upscale. If the native file is hard disk data, the resolution of the transcoded stream will be well sufficient for a 40" TV. If the stream resolution is SD or inferior than that generally streams which you can download from Bit Torrent, the transcoded resolution will be inferior to that. On a large screen TV, this will be stretched and the quality will be extremely awful. The inferior the resolution of the inhabitant file, and the upper the resolution of the TV, the awful your knowledge will be. Thus, could you please tell me what the type of your media file is? Hope this assists.

I recommend you to download and setup the most recent graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s site and confirm. And since you have attempted with two computers with the similar outcome, I can conclude that there is no problems with the computer. You may have to make contact with Sony support for improved assistance. Please contact Sony as they will be able to help you better:

I disagree. I have been streaming video to my wireless route after that agitated to my Panasonic TV. Everything worked excellent with brill’s picture. Now I have left with windows 7 and media player 12. The image is so poor. It is not probable to watch it. I think it is something with media player. Has anybody determined this trouble? Seems it is a streaming trouble with media player 12.