Thread: Aero Effects not working after number of attempts to fix the problem

Aero Effects not working after number of attempts to fix the problem

I have newly added a novel graphics card to my dell computer to upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7. The graphics card is an Asus AH3450. My embedded card is no extensive in use. My trouble is that, although my card is simply able to run Aero, I am not receiving the Aero Glass effect, or Aero Peek, or any additional features of Aero, if there is any? Please suggest some useful tips which help me to solve this issue. And also provide a few more helps regarding my problem if possible.

Re: Aero Effects not working after number of attempts to fix the problem

To solve this, just go through the below steps:
    1. Install drivers from a CD which came with the card.
    2. Uninstall Drivers after that restarted system.
    3. Install most recent driver from the ASUS website
    4. Restart the system.
    5. Install a hotfix from the supported website.
    6. Again restart the system.
    7. Stop Windows Desktop Manger Service.
    8. Start Windows Desktop Manager Service.
    9. Go to Control Panel- Personalization- Troubleshoot troubles with transparency and additional Aero effects.

May this will help you to solve your problem.

The ratings can alter somewhat while you re-run the assessment, particularly if you have distorted the video drivers or enabled ATI Overdrive. I see you talked about disabling the adapter but did you as well uninstall the video drivers for the unique onboard graphics? Utilize the ATI Catalyst install manager to uninstall the ATI drivers and utility. As well remove the /ATI/Support folder from your boot drive earlier than rebooting. If Aero is going to work it should previously be enabled if you permit the MS video drivers to install later than rebooting the system. You can always install the complete ATI or ASUS Catalyst driver suite later but do not subsequently permit MS updates to do an update on ATI or ASUS presented video drivers.

I also have the same issue and I had previously tried this, the rating I had was 3.6, and after that while annoying to get aero working, I elected 'clear all windows experience index scores and re-rate the system'. Now I am just getting a rating of 3.5. Here is what I have:
    1. Processor: 3.5
    2. Memory (RAM): 4.2
    3. Graphics: 3.4
    4. Gaming Graphics: 5.3
    5. Primary Hard Disk: 5.7

I am re running the assessment now, even though I doubt much will alter.

You had the answer; I would be annoying to fix this for about many weeks now. Although, I did not require uninstalling the on-board graphics drivers, I just uninstalled the ATI driver and GamerOSD, on the other hand I did not uninstall SmartDoctor, and after that I rebooted and allow Windows install device driver software, like you said, and after that rebooted another time, and Aero affects now all work. I am presently downloading GamerOSD once more, and I will post back to say whether or not installing the complete suite does influence anything.

Once I had re-installed Gamer OSD from the unique installation disc, the aero effects one time again stopped working; however I went into device manager, push start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter and after that uninstalled the driver for my graphics card which located in 'Display Adapter', rebooted, and currently I have; Gamer OSD, SmartDoctor and Aero effects.
    Two troubles however;
    1. SmartDoctor no longer works: it is installed properly; thus far it won’t start up correctly so I cannot utilize its features.
    2. This may not really a trouble, Catalyst Control Center won’t install correctly. I have attempted downloading it many times from AMD website. It installs the whole thing okay, but I cannot appear to install the genuine application.