Thread: Graphic card under $300

Graphic card under $300

I am thinking of upgrading my graphic card. Though the present graphic card Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express is not giving me major issue's. I am facing some complications when i started playing 3D games. So i am thinking of upgrading it with a ati or nvidia. I only have $300 to spend, so budget is a issue. I am comfortable with any of the manufacturer's i.e ati or nvidia. I am giving you my specifications
    AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 945 3.00GHz (Socket AM3) Processor
    ASRock M3A770DE AMD770 (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    OCZ Gold 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit
    Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    Windows 7 64bit
    So suggest me some details on which card i have to select that will fit under my budget. Looking out for your help do reply as soon as possible.

Re: Graphic card under $300

I would suggest you to wait for some time so that the nvidia and the ati respectively launch their new series of the graphic cards. It has been noticed that as soon as the new series cards have been launched the price of the existing graphic cards will get low. So you will be able to get it under a price tag that you have specified which is under $300. So my advise would be to wait for the launch and also i would recommend you to go with the ati cards as they are much cheaper than the nvidia. So i have given my advice its upon you to decide it.

OK thanks for the suggestion. You have specified that ati cards are much more cheap then the nvidia. So i have searched the internet looking for the information and i saw there was major price difference. I can get the latest ATI Radeon HD for around $296 while the same nvidia card will be available at around $672. So i wanted to know is there any difference in the quality of the cards of these manufacturer's. If there then please do let me know as soon as possible as i am new to this field.

I would recommend that you go with the GeForce GTX 470 from nvidia which was priced at $320 now they have lowered to $260. They have lowered down the price to compete with the low priced AMD Radeon HD 6870. AMD Radeon HD 6870 is cheap then its counter part GTX470. If you compare it with the performance then i would suggest you to definitely go with the GeForce GTX 470. However one thing to notice about the card under this category is the warranty. The warranty of the card are not provided by the manufacturer's for this category. However EVGA GTX 470 are the only one who comes with a life time warranty. So i would advice you to go ahead with that.