Thread: Can Nvidia 1GB 460 GTX cope with the existing PSU

Can Nvidia 1GB 460 GTX cope with the existing PSU

I am thinking of buying a Nvidia 1GB 460 GTX Super OC graphics card. Since i am new to this field so i need your help. Actually i am thinking to add in the present working system. So i wanted to ask whether it will cope with the the present working system. My present system consist of
    - AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor 2.80 Ghz
    - 4GB DDR 3 RAM
    - 1 500 GB SATA HDD
    - 3 x Fans with LED lighting
    - 1 x 120mm (non LED fan)
    - External DVD writer
    the PSU is of 30W. However what is concerning me is that an addition of graphic card may give some issue's with the PSU. So is there any method with which i can get to know whether the existing system can cope up with the new graphic card. Please help me with these.

Re: Can Nvidia 1GB 460 GTX cope with the existing PSU

With the necessary information you have given. I also wanted to know more information about the PSU. Like about the rail current it uses. Also i wanted to know whether of which brand is your PSU, from how much time are you using the the PSU. Please do specify the manufacturer name, if it does not belong to a good manufacturer then it will not deliver you the desired result. So do provide me the necessary details on PSU.

Yes sure, my PSU is of COLOURS-IT 600U power supply. Actually its 2-3 years old. Till now it has not given me any issues regarding the PSU. I checked the side information on the PSU it was specified that 3A on +12V rail. So i hope that i have given you the necessary information. So do tell me will it give me any issue's with the present PSU. Do reply as soon as possible.

I think so it all depends on the working of the PSU. However the 30A power supply to the 600W is very less. The main issue is that how much the PSU will generate the power for the card. By the specification that you have provided it shows that the card takes 12V of power so it will generate the Power to approx 360W(excluding the power that the PSU supplies for the CPU) that your card needs. So i think so it will generate the much needed power for the card and it will deliver the performance you must have expected.

Looking at your issue let me tell you that even i had the same issue some time back .Even i had the same branded graphic card and the same branded PSU. My processor was i7. The issue was that when i started playing black ops with the system that i had. It started running slow. I noticed that the problem may be due to the existing PSU. So i changed it with the new one which has a power supply of 450W. Now the card is running quite well and gives me some good graphics and the gaming experience is quite good.. So what i can say that the existing PSU that you have must be replaced. However its just my advice do think over it.