Thread: AGP to PCI-E bridge or adapter

AGP to PCI-E bridge or adapter

Due to very tough proliferation of PCI Express, I have seen that the graphics chip maker forced to supply the AGP slot by a wide range of solutions to continue with current products - the Rialto bending chip here is just one example of the success of the determination of the AGP interface, the to clear the board without a fight. There is now a solution that allows the once and perhaps still expensive acquired the claims sufficient to operate AGP graphics card in a motherboard that only has one PCI Express slot. Rialto is a so-called bridge chip, so the same solution as ATOP AGP-8x to PCI-Express bridge card will be called. The principle is simple: The ATOP bridge card comes in the PCI Express slot and AGP 8x graphics card takes the "piggyback", that is on the back. If anyone has better information related to that then let me know.

Re: AGP to PCI-E bridge or adapter

This good to hear but I am having few question and for that I need answers. How things stand with the speed like? I cannot imagine that then the agp cards still at full speed running. It seems to work only with low-profile card, ergo no interest. Other thing that is coming in my mind is that bridge chips with the works and also easily but with almost no loss of speed. The only thing I can hope for it is that it must also have support for high profile cards. Because if this thing is not working in that way then there are low chances that this thing will succeed.

I also want to know details related to similar thing. I am having a pci graphics card and they just offered me an LCD screen with VGA and DVI. I seek a new graphics card that has a DVI output but I found none. I know that there are adapters available in market from PCI port to PCI express. But from where I can get these kind of things. I tried to search for these things but I am not getting relevant results. I do not know what is the reason for that, but need the solution for these things. Any related reply will be appreciated.

I am not sure that this will solve your problem but I think that will be helpful. Two Japanese companies launch two adapters for computers that converts a PCI slot PCI Express x1 and one PCI x1 slot for ExpressCard (PCI Express Notebook). The Digital Cowboy DCT-FUTA1 uses a PEX 8111 bridge chip PCI to PCI Express and low profile. PLX This technology is also used in the bridge for ATI Gemini. As it is a generic adapter to PCI Express PCI theoretically should work with any PCI card. ExpressCard is the standard replacement graphics card based on PCI Express PCMCIA for laptops. Also adds an extra USB 2.0 port.