Thread: Windows 7: Not able to connect with LG HDTV, screen appears as blank

Windows 7: Not able to connect with LG HDTV, screen appears as blank

From more than two years using a Dell machine and recently upgrade the machine from windows vista to windows 7 platform. Along with that just few days back I bought a LG HDTV. Ok now the problem is while I tried to connect the HDTV with my machine, I tried by the HDMI DVI connector to my PC. But after connect the VGA cable into my machine, it starts fine but after few minute it flashes a black screen. I look for the actual cause but did not found that, without this I can’t go to the up to point to resolve this. Is there anyone having similar issue and did applied any tricks to solve this; problem. Any input on this problem will be very much appreciated.

Re: Windows 7: Not able to connect with LG HDTV, screen appears as blank

First of all there are some of the general tips to locate the problem which occurred in your machine. so at the begging make sure that the connector and the cable is working, there is problem over there. Along with that, did you install the proper driver for the hardware device? Now got o the display option and from there look that the configuration of the machine with the display output is proper. Now go to the device option and check that the device is flashing fine.

Re: Windows 7: now able to connect with LG HDTV, screen appears as blank

According to me I would like to suggest you that the problem that you mentioned in your post sounds as the hardware driver issue. One of my friends also had the similar issue with his Panasonic HDTV, which was also not worked properly with his windows vista compatible computer. So after he consults with the manufacturer service engineer and they suggest then to go for the display driver update option. He did this, and the problem solved. So I also suggest you to once try with this process. This will might help you to resolve the issue. First of type and enter device manager into the search commend line panel, it will open the device manager configuration window. Locater the device driver name, right click on it and select the update option. Try with this, it will definitely help you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Just few months ago, I had the similar issue in my Sony HDTV. And after a deep search about the solution for this I found this type of problem might be occurred for the connection port of either the computer or the display device, but this not able to detect whether which one is fault. So I recommend you to attach your HDTV with the other machine, if this works fine, and then be sure that there is no problem in your monitor and eth connector of the device. Make sure that you are using the correct version of the display driver which is compatible with the machine specification. If there is any issue with the driver then I suggest you better without re-install the driver it will better to install the latest version according to the machine environment.

nicolastraffic1 Guest

it may be problems of the data cable connectivity or may be the data cable is not compatible to that screen... in both the cases screen remain black... and still you find the same then you can contact to the LG service center they provide you home site service.

Having similar issue with my HP media center PC m7170n after connect this one with an external monitor, it is running with the windows vista platform. The problem is occurred while I was playing game in the machine; the screen suddenly appears in black. I can’t understand why this problem occurs. I am using the latest version of graphical interface along with all the ports are working fine with the machine and the monitor port. By the way I instantly turn off the machine and leave this for some while, but the strange thing for me is the still present there after the start the machine. Now the moral is there is no display after appear the windows log on screen. What to do, suggest me something, it looks like the monitor is worthy for me.