Thread: Getting low FPS on BFG GTX 260 OCMaxCore.

Getting low FPS on BFG GTX 260 OCMaxCore.

I am getting very low FPS for most of the games I am playing. I am getting around 22 FPS. The processor that I am using is Phenom x3 8750 OC to 2.80GHz, I am also having stock cooler. One more thing I will like to tell you to that if I am overclocking Phenom x3 8750 OC to 2.80GHz to the maximum load and it is going to 54 C. See to be true I am not having too much technical knowledge so I need the solution for this thing in simple words. Currently I am not having any idea related to the problem that I am facing. If you can provide any relevant solution then it will be great.

Re: Getting low FPS on BFG GTX 260 OCMaxCore.

I think that the problem is not related to your graphic card it is related to the resolution that you have set. Hence I want to ask first what is the resolution of your monitor. See let me make one thing clear that if you are having high resolution set your monitor then you will not get the required FPS. So for solving the problem that you are facing you just need change the resolution of your monitor. One more thing, use a normal monitor because this graphic card is not made to support high resolution monitors. It will be better if you collect more information for the graphic card that you are having. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

Nvidia has heard the prayers of fans and created the GTX 260, the first true architecture G8x restructuring. Already familiar with the modus operandi of nVidia: introduce a new architecture based on a well-oiled process. Due to the number of transistors, the first production of the chip is very expensive and the card itself is very expensive, but this approach serves to position the company in the field of battle its own product. Later the company expands and refines the architecture and the production process, developing models to cover various price ranges. Then, when the production process is refined and well under control, then Nvidia may start producing high-end models at an attractive price. We have seen this behavior with the G70/G71 and the G80/G92, and now history and ready to repeat itself with the GT200 - a chip composed of 1.4 billion transistors, manufactured at 65 nm.

Where the 8800 GTX has a capacity of 518 Gflop floating-point, the GTX 260 comes close to TeraFlop (933 GFlops). In fact, the performance difference is even higher, because the 518 GFlops of the G80 are based on the execution of three floating-point operations per cycle (a MAD and a MUL) - which, because of the limitations of the G80, were practice impossible to achieve. With the GT200, Nvidia warrant that you have solved this problem. To duplicate the performance over previous GPU, Nvidia has substantially increased the number of multiprocessors - 16 to 30. Nvidia and AMD have agreed to say that future games will require power arithmetic significantly higher than that of texturing, and consequently is not a surprise to see that the number of texture units has increased only slightly, from 64 of the 9800 GTX pass to 80 in the GTX 260.