Thread: Troubleshooting display problem of monitor on DP55WG

Troubleshooting display problem of monitor on DP55WG

I was having Intel DP55WG desktop board. It was specially designed for use with Core i7 processor and was having overclocking feature and also support ATI* Crossfire and NVIDIA* SLI technology which provides best audio and video options. From last few days I was facing problem such as while starting the system there was no display on the monitor. I tried to restart the system so that the error could be resolved but failed. I want a solution so that I can fix display problem.

Re: Troubleshooting display problem of monitor on DP55WG

To fix the display problem of the monitor you should ensure and check that the monitor is on. You can start the monitor by pressing the power button. After pressing the power button if the power light of the monitor is started then your monitor is started. If pressing the power button doesn’t start the power light of the monitor then in that case you may need to check the connections. Make sure that all the connections are correct and after ensuring press the power button.

If there is no display on the monitor then you may check that the monitor is not in the sleep mode. If the monitor is in the sleep mode then it will not display anything. Suppose that you have enabled the sleep mode and you want to turn off the sleep mode then you can do it by moving the mouse, clicking the mouse buttons or by pressing any key from the keyboard. This will awake your computer from the sleep mode.

After starting the system if there is no display then in that case you may need to check the cable connection. If you are having the latest computer then its cable should be properly connected to the back of the CPU in the 15-pin connector. Older version cable should be connected to the 9-pin connector. Make sure that there is proper power supply in the computer system. If there is no power supply then you can insert the cable into the other power outlet and then check if it is getting proper power supply. If the monitor is receiving the power supply then you may need to check its status.

Make sure that you have properly adjusted the brightness and contrast of the monitor. If the brightness and contrast are not tuned up properly then you can adjust it and check the display issue of monitor has been resolved. After trying all of the above solution doesn’t resolve the display problem of the monitor then in that case there might be hardware problem. You can connect the monitor to another computer system. If the monitor works fine then there is a problem of video card or motherboard into the system. To solve the video card or motherboard you may need to contact the manufacturer.