Thread: Steam games not working on GeForce 8400GS

Steam games not working on GeForce 8400GS

Hello friends, I had Windows 7 operating system on my computer that even had a GeFroce 8400 graphics card on it. It was working fine but the problem was that I was not able to play all the games because of the operating system, so I upgraded to AMD 3800+ x2 so that I could play all the games that is CSS and HL2 etc. When I had started to play the by game connecting to the server, everything was perfect and going on smoothly. But when after playing for one hour something weird started happening on the screen and all of a sudden the screen became black and few minutes it stayed like this and again back to normal. Fearing I didn't start the game again so can any one help me to know that is this is because of the operating system or something else.

Re: Steam games not working on GeForce 8400GS

I would like to ask you that have you installed all the necessary drivers that are required for running this graphics card. Also I know that you might have installed because without this the card would not even get detected, so what I want to know that have you installed the drivers that will be compatible with the AMD processor. If you haven't then please install that drivers because until that you wont be able to detect the driver and run any game on it.

Hey while inserting the AMD processor, did you damage any other parts of the motherboard, like the Geforce graphics card or the RAM itself. I would want you to open the system and then remove both the graphics card as well as the RAM and insert it again. I think that the black screen is something to do with the RAM, because when we remove the RAM or if the RAM gets loose by itself then, there certainly be black screen on the monitor. So you first check this out and then see if it help you in solving the problem.

There is no doubt that the game will not run if you have the graphics card, AMD processor and all the necessary drivers with you. I think that it is something to do with the game itself. As far as I know I think that you should downloaded updated version of Punkbuster for the CSS and HL2. This will help you connect to the server easily and will be able to play the game. I think that since you are only facing the problem while steaming the game is certainly due to some kind of problem with the server connection or the game. I would also recommend you to reinstall all the game and the download this Punkbuster software so that you will be able to steam the game more effectively.

You mentioned that the problem started while you started playing the steam game. So I would want to know that do you have enough memory on the system to run this game since most of the steam games requires a lot of memory. Also, apart from the memory next comes the RAM speed, if your RAM speed is not that up to the mark that is required by the game then I think that the game will certainly not function on your system. So first make the basics clear and then try to run the games.