Thread: Not able to connect second monitor in 8500GT compatible machine

Not able to connect second monitor in 8500GT compatible machine

Recently tried o attach a second monitor with my machine which is compatible with windows 7. I tried with the VGA port. But the problem which is occurred during that times, it simply said that there is no signal and return back to the sleep mode. Though it is detected by windows environment perfectly. Only not able to attach with the machine via the port. I am using the XFX 8500gt interface in my machine. why this problem occurs, any idea on this or to how connect the monitor with the machine via dvi port? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Not able to connect second monitor in 8500GT compatible machine

I can suggest you only one for this problem re-installs the driver; if the other monitor is working properly with the other monitor then this is the problem with the graphics driver that you are using. Insert the graphics driver installation disk in your CD drive and run the installation program this will first ask you to un-install the existing one and then re-install the new version. I think after the un-install it will require fir system reboot. Install the driver by properly following the instruction which will flash in the screen.

I think the dvi port that you are using to connect the second machine is not working properly. Make sure that the device is working along with that also make sure that port in your screen is also worked fine. Connect the port in another dvi port for the confirmation whether it is working fine or not. Turn off the machine and along with that off the monitor and then connect the monitor with the second port that you are having in your machine if there is no problem occurs then be sure that the problem, is in the port of monitor. You may be change the port or by reconfigure the port with the machine.

I recommend you to download and install Driversweeper and Ccleaner. Now un-install the graphics driver that you installed in your machine and it will normally ask you for the system reboot. Do this for apply the changed in the machine environment. Now start the machine safe mode and run Driversweeper application program, it will detect the NVIDIA display and NVIDIA physx from your machine. Once it detects them all select them and delete from the machine it might be ask you to reboot the machine after this process. Now run the ccleaner in safe mode and scan for issue in the registry editor. It will, also detect the issues. Now fresh install then driver again in your machine from the installation disk. Try this I hope this will definitely help you to overcome from the problem.