Thread: NVIDIA GTX 285: Black Screen in MAC OSX

NVIDIA GTX 285: Black Screen in MAC OSX

Having a machine, this is running under MAC OSX platform. The other specifications of the machine are like 3GB RAM With 320GB Hard disk and compatible with NVIDIA GTX graphics driver. I made a partition on my machine hard drive with windows 7 platform. the problem is happened while I open the machine in MAC OSX platform and tried to play a video file in the machine, first freezes for some time and the flashes a message in the screen that recover the driver, and screen goes black. What is the exact problem can anyone having any idea on this? Any information on this issue will be appreciated..

Re: NVIDIA GTX 285: appears black screen in MAC OSX

Though this is directly shows you the problem in your hard drive, if you are not able to do anything with that in normal mode then I suggest you to start the machine in windows version and then go for any solution. As per my knowledge about this issue, I suggest you to repair the driver in that platform. Are you sure that the driver which you are using in MAC OSX environment is compatible with that? Because some of the drivers for windows 7 are not compatible with other platform. So try once to update the driver and then open the machine in mac osx environment. For that locate the driver from device manager and then go for update that one. After completion of update process, start the machine in mac osx mode, and I hope this will definitely help you.

According to me, regarding the problem that you mentioned in your post, the graphics driver that you are is might not be compatible with mac environment. So I suggest you to download the driver from apple web site which is compatible with mac and with the machine environment. Download and install the driver in your machine, and during that disable the windows environment in your machine. Better if you will enter in to the machine in safe mode.

As per my opinion I think this problem should be occur for the partition problem, the partition that you mad in your machine from these two platforms, there should be the graphics driver is not configured with mac osx where you tried to play the video file. So I suggest you to make the repartition of the hard drive, and along with that make sure there is having enough space is available in the hard drive after making the appropriate partition. The space which is available now ion your machine is might be not sufficient to run the graphical interface. So that also might be the cause. In the mac partition the space that you allocate is not be efficient to run the interface or the in the drive where you install mac osx is not be able to run the graphics card. Graphics cards are also depend on the space avail in the hard drive.

In the control panel under the mac osx, locate the driver which you installed for graphical interface. Double click on the driver name and this will ask you for re-install or update the driver. I suggest make sure that you r machine is not connected with internet. Insert the installation disk or run installation file if you already save it in your machine, you need to browse the file from the machine or the disk and this will replace the driver from the existing one to the new one. I said this because I think the graphics driver that you are using is might be corrupt. So by this process you might be able to resolve the issue. In the mac osx environment if you are not able to enter in to normal mode then go for safe mode and from there do this process.