Thread: Screen freezing with GTX 280

Screen freezing with GTX 280

I am assembled a gaming machine with the specification like windows 7 platform along with that NVIDIA graphics card and 3GB Inbuilt RAM and the 320 GB hard disk. The machine is worked fine till the last few days back. But suddenly in the last night I encountered a problem while I was playing a game in my machine, though this was not a high definition game that I played in my machine. The screen completely freezes in my machine. The CPU will also not over heated I play game more than 1 hour, and while the problem was occurred in my machine that time also CPU was not heated, then why this problem occurred. Any suggestion on this issue? How to resolve this issue?

Re: Screen freezing with GTX 280

I think so this will occurred for the graphics card that you are using. The card might be not support the gaming version or the machine environment, which you specified. I was facing the similar problem that why I am telling you and to recover this issue, I recommend you to update the graphics driver that is installed in your machine. This could be the only problem for this problem. in your machine if there any other external device is attached, then during update the driver remove that one. now insert device manager in to the search command line path and from the device manager window select the driver that you are using, right click on the device name and click on update. Try this trick this will definitely helps you.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

It is sounds for the driver, and I would like to suggest you one solution to recover this problem. Few months ago one of my friends was encounter the similar issue and he research by himself about this matter. He did a very simple and in general solution for this issue, he re-installs the graphics driver, and the problem is gone. So I would also like to suggest you to do this process. I hope this ill definitely helps you. First of all remove the existing driver from your machine, got o the control panel and under that you open the program and feature tab, under that look for the driver which is installed in your machine and click on un-install or remove. Along with that remove all the temporary folder files and the registry editor files which are related with driver. Reboot the machine and attempt for re-install process. After the reinstallation restart the machine. I think this will definitely helps you.

I think there might be any issue with the graphic setting in your machine. So I suggest you to reset the entire machine. before that do one thing, reboot the machine and enter into the machine in safe mode, go to eth control panel if there any unused or unidentified visual effect is running then first remove that one from your machine, these are might be cause of your machine problem that you mentioned. Also if there is any visual effect those are not installed by applied in your machine, remove that one also. Now go to the windows setting window and from there look for display option, where you will allow setting the display setting. I suggest you to reset all the display settings of your into default. Apply the changes and now start the machine in normal mode. I am sure it will surely help you.

Similar issue, in my Hp computer, which is I also compatible as the gaming machine. But there is a problem with the gaming performance, which I am not getting properly. And from last two days I am also not a getting the video performance also. So I am just worried about the problem which is occurring in my machine. I am giving you a small description about the problem, the first one while playing low definition game in my machine the machine simply freezes for some while and directs me to closer the game application. Ok another one is which I am facing from last two days is, while I played any video file in my machine, the same problem happens over there. First freezes the player along with the other application in the machine. In a short the whole computer. And then I have to reboot the machine. What is the actual problem is there anyone having any idea on this problem? I am using NVIDIA Geforce graphical interface in my machine. Any input on this issue will be appreciated.