Thread: Cannot increase the refresh rate of CRT monitor ?

Cannot increase the refresh rate of CRT monitor ?

I have purchased a desktop computer system , I have windows 7 in my computer as my operating system, I have Intel’s core 2 duo processor installed in my system, with 2 GB of RAM and chipset motherboard, 320 GB of hard drive and and an ATI 5870 video card installed and a ViewSonic 15 inch monitor . I play a lot of games , but I would rather fancy it playing in high definition graphic I am facing certain issues with my display, control panel is not allowing to refresh the graphic higher than 60 hz let me force a refresh rate higher then 60hz. , I had bought it around 1 year back, but right now I am facing this refreshing issues. I cannot get my desired results , so if anybody has to say something on the issue please give your valuable comments. PS I use Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Cannot increase the refresh rate of CRT monitor ?

I think if you really wish to play high end games in your system then you should have atleast 100hz of refresh rate on your CRT monitor under windows 7 64bit platform . Instead I can suggest you one way you can make your monitor a custom monitor using a custom monitor driver , for that you will to create a powerstrip, I think this customization should really work on your system, if it does not then please revert back with a post which should include your new question.

Well I do not with the fact that you will require 100Hz for gaming purpose, well of you ask me as 85 or 75 more than enough to produce will be flicker-free display of graphic You did not tell that whether in your past have you ever run 100hz refresh rate on yur monitor screen . If you think Windows 7 is having to do with this issue, then I will contradict on this point because blaming Windows 7 irrelevant since it supports most of the required features, so why on earth you think it is the operating system that is causing the issue issue. If you have not noticed , you have a TFT monitor and right now people work on TFT ot LCDs , so I think changing the monitor will solve your issue.

Yes too think Windows 7 does support the refresh rates more than 100hz. So I do not think Windows 7 is any issue at all. If you have a CRT monitor then without any doubt I will to say that you would see the type of monitor then then raise such topics for discussions. But Considering an LCD monitor let us say Samsung 2233 which has 3D glasses features if you face any such issue then I will say that you should replace your graphic card because you have a ATI card installed in your support and it does not support the refresh rates that fits your need. I