Thread: Uneven brightness on Dell U3011

Uneven brightness on Dell U3011

I am not getting appropriate brightness on my Dell U3011 monitor. Today when I turned my system in the display was unusual I mean to say that on the left hand site of the screen it was brighter and on the right hand side of the screen it is less. I don't know why it behaving so and also not able to get it done. Does anyone ever has faced this type issue and if yes than please let me know how to solve this issue.

Re: Uneven brightness on Dell U3011

The first thing that you have to do here is that check whether the monitor is connected with the DIV cable or VGA cable. If the monitor is connected with the VGA cable then you can adjust the brightness and if it is connected with the DIV then it can’t be changed. You can easily adjust the brightness from the screen itself. There are small buttons provided on the front side of the screen through which you can adjust the brightness.

I think there is definitely something wrong with the monitor that you are using and if you want to get rid of the same then just ask for a help from the dell support. Contact the dell support and inform them about the problem faced by you I hope that they will cooperate with you and also will fix the problem permanently. Doing this will help you to resolve your problem

I have adjusted the brightness as said by you and it worked but now a new problem has arise here is that my monitor goes blank suddenly during work , I don’t know what is wrong with it and why it is giving me this issue and it is behaving in the same way at every 15 minutes interval. After checking I found that my system is fine and it is running and only the monitor goes off instantly on regular basis.

Well think first you have to check out whether you have some power management setting on or not. Because it may happen that if you are using the power management then it turns off the monitor within the seconds if it is idle. And if this is the case then you can just switch the power management by just going the system properties. And once the settings are reset then checkout whether it happens again or not and if it does so then you have to check out whether the VGA cable is going fine or not because these issues can arise if the cable is damaged. I hope this will help you to solve the issue.