Thread: Games not playing in 580GTX?

Games not playing in 580GTX?

Hello Friends, I am in big problem as I recently brought my new computer system which was working very well for few days. But, after those few days, when I started playing Half Life 2 some error came and it started blinking and some green appeared. I thought that it might be some problem related to installation but after few days when I got a new of copy of Half Life 2 I was getting the same problem. In fact, when I tried playing some another games such as Assain’s Creed series I found the same green screen problem. I don’t know what to do with this green signal, as I tried many ways to get rid of this green screen but nothing worked for me. Please help me out with this problem. Anyone who is aware with this problem and knows how to tackle with such problem please let me know how to get rid of this problem? My computer configuration is as follows:
    I7 processor with 4 GB RAMS, 500 GB hard disk, Geforce 580 GTX, latest Nvidia drivers 263.99

Re: Games not playing in 580GTX?

I don’t think that it’s only your problem but it’s all those who have purchased Geforce 580 GTX. I also have the similar kind of problem but in my case the screen goes black. The Geforce 580 GTX is similar to GTX480 which had the similar types of problem. I think that GTX 580 is just similar to GTX 480 where they have just worked on good airflow where it won’t get heated. But the fact is that even I am not aware of this problem but I will suggest you to reboot your system and then install it once maybe your problem is solved.

I think if you are playing games which have high graphics resolution the first thing is that you need to create a custom resolution in Nvidia control panel where you need to create a monitor resolution where at what Hz you will be playing games. One more thing you should do is use scaling option so that you get resolution. I think you should try this and see what happens? You should be aware that you should change this setting before starting the game so that you are avoided by this problem. I think that this will work for you.

I don’t completely agree what he is saying. I mean what he said is partly right. You just cannot leave after setting your monitor resolution. You also need to use the scaling option in your latest driver which is 263.99, whereas per my knowledge you won’t be requiring to change the default option but still I will advice that you just check it out. May be this problem have occurred due to more usage of low 3D clocks which you also should be aware of. I think this solution may be able to fix your problem.

I think this may help you to some level but I would like to tell you that you should go into your bios where you need to change some settings. You have to change your primary video which you have to see that it is set to PCI Express. One more thing which is very important that come into my mind you should also install the latest motherboard chipset drivers which is very essential and I think if you follow all this steps mostly you will be able play it more efficiently with no such problems.