Thread: Unable to set display resolution 1920x1080 when connected through the LCD TV

Unable to set display resolution 1920x1080 when connected through the LCD TV

I have got a desktop system , I had and old processor firs from Athlon , and less sized hard drive , so I had decided to upgrade my system , and I bought quad core processor, Asus motherboard with multiple SATA connectors on it, I extended the memory with 500GB of hard drive and installed both the hard drive together. But I had to replace the monitor , so I decided to connect it with my LCD TV and use it as a display. I was not content with the resolution and I wish to set it as 1920x1080 but could not do it, has any body ever used their lcd TV as their display device please let me know if you have ? I do not like the current resolution at all.

Re: Unable to set display resolution 1920x1080 when connected through the LCD TV

Yes I have too connected my Samsung LCD TV with and even used it for more than a year , I was facing the same resolution issue as you are facing right now, during that time I was using Windows Vista operating system, when connected through Vista it showed an error message saying the mode not supported , so I then switched to Windows 7 operating system, but doing a bit of setting in my television itself my issue got resolved, actually the issue was not in the operating system but the telvision itself, so you too check the Television settings.

Re: Unable to set display resolution 1920x1080 when connected through the LCD TV

Well I think I can comment something on this I doubt that Windows 7 is trying to display a resolution that is not supported by your TV which is unable to handle it , so in order to resolve this, turn off the system first ,if you have a second LCD in spare please try to plug in with the system using DVI (dual-display setup) which supports multiple displaying capability and then finally turn on the system again, it worked in that so I disconnected the first one and replaced it with the second display unit.

I was facing exactly having the same issue as you are having right now, as told in the first reply the Windows 7 was not the issue or was not the root cause of your resolution issue, but unlike you I am using Windows xp 1920x1080 resolution worked efficiently in Windows xp and I connected it through the VGA cable and later on I too upgraded to latest operating system , that problem appeared in mine too, later on I discovered that the latest catalyst drivers does not support or match up with the VGA connectivity, so will have to replace either of them.