Thread: Which is the better Direct X or OpenGL

Which is the better Direct X or OpenGL

I am bough a new computer at my home and I have decided to play games on it and for that I have got a high quality graphic card. But I have one doubt about the good graphic, I am looking for good graphic quality, but I have to choice in front of me one is the Direct X and another is OpenGL. Actually I am not familiar with these two, so if anyone knows which one better, then please let me know. Any suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which is the better Direct X or OpenGL

I think that OpenGL is better and more powerful than Direct X, because it supports more platforms and it is very essential for the future games, it provides you direct access to all new features of graphics, where Direct X only provides infrequent snapshots of them on the new version of Windows. If you are really looking for a best graphics and I think that OpenGL is the best for you, using this you can experience high graphic quality that their hardware provides. I hope this information may help you.

In my point of view Direct X is better than that of OpenGL. I have been using Direct X from past several months and I am experiencing good quality. It is better that OpenGL because it has very high compatibility with high speed than OpenGL; you can also run Direct X under windows 2000 with high stability. I will advise you to go with this one and I think that you will also experience good graphic quality from this. If you are having other query then reply me.

I have done a quick search regarding your query and I think that it depend on your graphic card. If you are graphic card is having support for OpenGL, then I will recommend you to use OpenGL than Direct X. OpenGL is usually faster than Direct X and also having better quality. OpenGL is normally optimized for special graphic card and to use it on your graphic card you should have to use OpenGL drivers. It has very high quality graphics with high speed, sometimes some of the graphic card uses very much AGP-memory in OpenGL mode so because of that speed gets down but then also you can get high image quality.