Thread: Driver not downloading for my E228WFP

Driver not downloading for my E228WFP

I have purchased two E228WFP monitors with an Inspiron 530s It contains graphic card ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro. Both monitors are connected using VGA cables which connect to splitter that was provided by Dell with single monitor. One is working smoothly but the second monitor is not working at the similar resolution as the first monitor. First monitor giving resolution of 1680 x 1050 which I want. The second one shows that its best resolution is 1680x1050 but it’s not applicable its only show up to 1440x900.I am using Windows Vista and I've get updated drivers of the monitor. Does anyone have idea about this?

Re: Driver not downloading for my E228WFP

As per my knowledge dell doesn’t provide update versions free of cost and if you still want to get it then I have only idea about windows XP. If you are using XP then follow some steps:
    1. go to dell's home page then click on support.
    2. click on option download and download the XP drivers for the monitor.
    3. then type Windows Key and Pause show you to System Properties then go to Hardware Device Manager, search for the monitors on the list of devices on your PC, enlarge it and it will probably say something like a Generic VGA.
    4. Right click that update option then Update Driver then install it and locate windows XP driver which you have downloaded and install .
    5. If it’s not work then restart system and check resolution of the monitor.

There are two ways you can resolve the cause of this problem,
    1. 1)Uninstall the video driver from the device manger, and then click on add or remove programs option and remove the catalyst control center , in case you have one more variety of card eliminate that service, while uninstalling the video driver select the option for deleting the driver from the system . At the time of uninstalling or rebooting the computer the old video driver will install. In that case you’re just accessible to have to download and install the most recent video driver from the companies’ website.
    2. 2)The second is If you using a dell system and the video card is placed onboard, generally a Intel GM95/GMAXXX, then you need to go website to update that video driver, in case having a nvidia card or a ATI graphic card then logon to go to the nvidia’s official website and download the most recent video driver.

As you said you are using two monitor by using splitter than may this is the reason for that, I will suggest you to remove the splitter. Connect first monitor to the video card white DVI. Connect second monitor to the video card blue VGA. Then click on display settings and make enable to second monitor. If still not working then you need to contact customer care service of dell they will defiantly help you out.

I think the problem is in the monitor because as per my knowledge windows 7 is compatible with this model and if one monitor is working and second is not then its chances that monitor is faulty. If you still have warranty I suggest you use it. And contact to the service center of the dell. Or chances of a GPU problem it might be working in different forms, if this happening then you may face problems like no picture on the monitor, color degradation, blur display.