Thread: Dell SP2009W white screen of death

Dell SP2009W white screen of death

I have bought a new monitor which is Dell SP2009W and this monitor has been connected to my old desktop computer system. Initially this pc was having CRT monitor which was working perfectly fine. When I connected my new monitor then it worked fine for two months but suddenly it got white. I mean it shows only white pixels on the screen when I boot up my system, It seems like white screen of death. I don't know what has happened to this screen. Dealer said that it has a 3 years warranty but when I showed this issue to the Dell then they said that it is not covered under warranty. Please help, Is there any connection issue due to which it might not be working.

Re: Dell SP2009W white screen of death

Possibly this seem to be the problem with the cord itself due to which your monitor might not be getting proper signals from the CPU tower and hence it is just showing white screen only. I don't think that any 2 months older monitor would be having any kind of hardware issue. Best way to confirm about this would be to use the same monitor on some other compatible computer system where you can check is it showing the same issue or not. If it shows then there are only two possibilities as either monitor itself has a problem or if you are lucky then it would be issue with the wire which you may have got with the monitor.

I just cannot say that what has happened to your monitor but at least I can give you some ideas about claiming the warranty. Actually any electronic device which has been covered under warranty only covers the problems with the hardware applied with some conditions which differs as per the brand's terms. So if your dealer have given you the 3 years warranty, Let's not consider the beneficial years of warranty but it must be having 1 year of warranty by default. Now the common condition in which your device does not come under service to claim the warranty of product is that your device might have came in contact with the water. Most of the electronic devices has such warranty terms and condition or there should not be any physical damage to the device due to which any internal hardware has got damaged. I suggest you to ask for the reason due to which Dell's is not considering your device under the warranty period. It would be better to contact with the dell's service center instead of going to the Dell's Store who won't so responsible to give you proper and expected answers.

I guess if your monitor is showing the white pixels then it says that there is no issues for displaying the pixels as it should have shown variant pixels if there any issues with the screen. This means that an issue is causing due to the data sent from the CPU tower, In fact from an operating system which you have installed on your desktop machine. I think you should try to check about the display drivers installed for your operating system which can also cause such issue for displaying the proper os. It might happen that the drivers have got corrupted which was supporting an operating system being working with the new monitor. Check about the latest drivers on the Dell's website which must be having drivers for your monitor's model that you need to install for solving any displaying issues.

In order to fix this issue, You First Need to boost access to an onscreen display. You can do this by booting in safe mode. Reboot your machine and then keep on pressing the F8 key on your the keyboard Repeatedly which will take you to the Windows Booting Options. Here you have to select for the Safe Mode, If your monitor shows the proper boot from the Safe Mode then definitely it should be the driver which is showing such problems.

it might happen that there is some issue wit the monitor itself which might be causing in such a problem while starting your computer system. If you feel that there is anything wrong with your monitor then you should directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this monitor as they must be responsible to claim the warranty of your monitor. Once your monitor have got wet then you won't be able to claim the warranty so you better not go for claiming in such cases as it would be wasting your time.