Thread: Lenovo T510 Nvidia display stopped and recovered

Lenovo T510 Nvidia display stopped and recovered

I am having problem with my Lenovo T510 laptop. Recently when working on it I came across some strange behaviour with my computer screen. It suddenly went off for few seconds and then it reappeared once again after a while. It appeared like the monitor didn't received the power during that fraction of time period. I could also see some message appearing at the lower end of the screen which says Nvidia display has stopped and recovered. This continues a lot of time now a days and I am unable to find the cause of the problem. Is there any one who can solve this problem?

Re: Lenovo T510 Nvidia display stopped and recovered

I think you need to install the latest driver on your computer. This problem may occur if you are running an older driver version which is causing the problem. May be you should check the website of manufacturer of your monitor and see if there is a driver available. Also check the video card driver if its the latest one. If no, then install it from NVIDIA site and see if that helps.

Which operating system you are running? It seems to me some driver problem. I suppose the driver which you are currently running is not at all compatible with your operating system and so the problem occurs. This kind of problem has been a lot of time when a person is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, however the driver is only compatible to Windows XP. So either install the driver which is compatible to your operating system, or if possible then downgrade to Windows XP or dual boot your computer with Windows XP and then see if you can see the same problem. If the problem disappears then the cause is in front of you.

Thanks for all of your suggestions but nothing seems to be working. I visited the manufacturers site of motherboard as well my graphics card but there is no solution to my problem. I cannot see any latest release of the driver. The driver which I am running is the latest one. And yes I am running Windows 7. As you said I tried installing Windows XP in dual boot, I don't know if the driver is for Windows XP or any other operating system, but still I can notice the same problem. Is there any fix to this problem or is it like there is no solution to this problem?

Strange! In such case there is no other solution which can solve your problem. I would suggest you to contact the Lenovo support team and ask them to fix this problem. You can either contact them either by calling them or visiting their place with your laptop. I know there are still some ways you can try to find the actual cause of the problem but there is no point to take risk when it comes to laptop. I hope no one wants to fire up their laptop. Lenovo support team is the only one who can help you in a much better way.

There is yet one method which you can try out before you conclude yourself to take the laptop to the support team. I think you should try out uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver software once again on your laptop. It happens when either the driver software gets corrupted due to some virus infection or some other reason. Whatever may be the case. Reinstalling the drivers should fix your problem. If that doesn't help then I would recommend you to perform a clean install of Windows 7 itself. This should fix any of the conflicts or problems which affects this problem.