Thread: Graphic card fried due to splashed on monitor

Graphic card fried due to splashed on monitor

Yesterday when I power on my computer with the intent to play game on it but I noticed graphical glitches and splashed on my monitor at starting of the game. I think all this is because of I knocked over a glass full of lemonade and it went in screen monitor. This has happened with me for the first time, the game I was trying to play; it requires high resolution and high graphic quality. I don’t know what it the exact cause behind this, if anyone having suggestions related to this then reply me.

Re: Graphic card fried due to splashed on monitor

I think you are right because this also you can get this kind of problems on your monitor screen. I think to get you normal screen back you should open you machine and then remove the videos card, rub it and then again put back it to the card slot. And then power on your computer for checking purpose. This can be helpful to you to overcome this issue.

As you have written, I suggest you some observation, that will help you to come on conclusion. Here I have given you some observation of for this 1.you should remove your graphic card and then start your computer and observe it. 2. If possible check your graphic card by inserting it to another computer. But i guess that the problem is with your graphic card.
    Last edited by 5parts; 23-11-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks for the replies, as the above replies I did all the observation to come on any conclusion. I removed graphic card and rubbed it on and then again checked it but not worked. Then I take it to my friend and checked out this card on my friend machine with installing the entire driver. But then also my graphic card is not recognizing. Not I am able to take any decision for this please gives me suggestion. Thanks.