Thread: Toshiba Qosmio: Screen flickering during playback any video

Toshiba Qosmio: Screen flickering during playback any video

Hi all, I am having a Toshiba Qosmio laptop, which is running under windows vista environment and along with that using the NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 graphics interface. I am basically use this for home purpose like surfing internet and also some times for watching movies and for the streaming videos form internet. The problem that I am facing is regarding the graphical interface, it flicks some time while I am watching movies or any video game. I thought that it was for the player that I am using, but after reinstall that one; the problem is still situated there. Now I am sure that this is for the graphic card or any other hardware issue. Is there anyone having the same problem? Suggest me any think by which I can overcome from this problem..

Re: Toshiba Qosmio: Screen flickering during playback any video

I suggest you to try by replace the backlight of your laptop, but remember that while you are doing this you have to be careful about no other part of the computer will be damaged by doing this. An inverter is attached just adjacent of this, don’t remove that one, this is act with the power supply of the laptop. After that check the backlight and again reinsert this one in its proper place, I hope this after this your laptop screen will not flick anymore. Also suggest you to check the video cable which is connect with the graphical port of the laptop. Make sure that it is properly connected with the machine.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Relevant issue, having a Dell Inspiron using the media center 11 in my Windows Vista 64-bit environment. This is working fine to play any format. But form few days I am facing a problem while I tried to play the mp4 videos, the screen flicks frequently. After a few while the player stopped working and then I have to stop this player from the process tab of task manager. This issue is quite disappoint me and I searched everywhere for the solution, but found nothing for this problem. I think the cause is for the graphical driver which I am using. I don’t want to upgrade that one right now, because instead of this problem other graphical performances are working fine. So I am looking for any fix for this. Any suggestion to resolve this problem?

As per my knowledge the problem that you mention in your post, while there is any problem in vista machine regarding the graphics, don’t think that program which was running during the problem is not stopped, it runs under the RAM which is runs under the mode of low power in standby. So this is not the software issue, it is sure for the hardware issue. So I think there is only solution by upgrading the driver. Also you can try one think by update the driver, for this go to properties window of My compute by right click on the icon of that and under the list look for the manage option, then expand the driver tan and look for the graphic driver that you installed in your laptop. Right click on it and click on update option, it will appear a window where the information about the latest version of driver will be available and some other information regarding this, click on the update option, I hope this will definitely help you.

As per my knowledge this is for the Transient Multimon Manager (TMM), which is very crucial part of the machine regarding the audio and the video output. For these types of issues people always think first that, it is the issue for the driver or the software, they are aware about this term. I had the similar issue, while I was also thinking the same but after consulting with my friends those are having a deep knowledge about this type of problem. This is mainly works with the displaying video, it does not relates with the graphic driver as well as the integrated graphics, so I think while these type of issues occurred, they are not the cause fro that. You can easily fix this issue by following some of the process for Transient Multimon Manager (TMM).so first of all click on start menu icon in your desktop and type the following keyword "Task Scheduler" and insert into search command line and hit on ENTER. On the left side you will see the Task Scheduler Local", click on that, actually you are already be there, but this is in case if it does not appears then. Expand "Microsoft and then "Windows, both are under the pop-up window of task scheduler and then click on "MobilePC". In the top you will see a atsk which is running with the name "TMM.", right click on this and disable this one, you r problem gone. I am definitely sure that it will works to solve your problem.

Here is some of the theoretical story about the graphic interface in windows vista environment. If the machine is in sleep (either in hibernate or hybrid sleep). All the running processes are stored into the RAM or hard disk drive. That means that the task is alive in the machine hardware. This happened while the machine in the power standby mode, so I don’t think so this is problem for any hardware part, this might be for the screen problem, either the screen is corrupted or damaged. And after come out from the sleep mode all the tasks are comes alive in the machine. This operation is done by the BIOS of your machine. And while graphic card is in sleep mode, the BIOS plays a very vital to restore all the earlier task of graphic card. For first job is to clean the graphics card and reset and then restore all the saved setting on the card one by one. This is happen in every least clean of graphic card. The operations are done for the processes like shuts down, starts up, changes resolutions, etc. this is results as a little disturbance in the video output. So did you make any kind of these processes in your machine, by this also the screen can flick? This need to support with the graphics card and the power mode of the machine.