Thread: Can i use two different video cards with crossfire x

Can i use two different video cards with crossfire x

I have a desktop computer with windows XP OS. I have two Graphic cards with me and i want to use it on my machine. I want to ask you a question that will the crossfirex allow me to use 2 different video cards. Please try to answer to this query as I am greatly in need of it. Try to help me out as early as you can. I will be greatly thankful to you if you do this for me. Please help. Thanks.
    Last edited by FuzzyLunkun; 22-11-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Re: Can i use two different video cards with crossfire x

I am also making the use of two graphic cards with the crossfirex. I am running it from last 6 months and have no issues with it. So I will recommend you to go for the thing which you are trying to do, you will not face any problem while using two cards with the crossfirex. If you need more help on this topic, then try to reply me back

I have gone through the reply which you have post, so I will like to tell you that, you can make the use of any number of cards as long as your motherboard support it. It generally depends on the mother board i.e. whether it will support or not. It also depend on the power supply, whether it will be able to handle it properly or not. If your motherboard and power supply are in good condition and performing well, then you can go for it. Hope have helped you.

I need some help on my query. I have 2 video cards and I am planning to run four monitors with it. Will the crossfirex support it? If yes then how can I do it? If you have any idea related with this topic, please try to post it here. I greatly need your help on this, so please do help. Any help regarding this topic will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think that by using the crossfirex, we can use two video cards for produce one image. Crossfirex supports only one monitor and multiple video cards, so for this you cannot make the use of crossfirex. If you are looking to just run the four monitor, so for that you need to just install the two video cards and go for it. Hope have helped you. If you require more help on this, then try to reply me back.

Thanks for the reply. I have referred all the posts on here. The solution which you have provide to me was really nice as it solved my all the doughts related with the crossfirex. Now i am successfully using the crossfirex with my two graphics card and one monitor. I am getting the wonderful display on my monitor and even my mother board is working fine. So thanks once again to all for you kind support.