Thread: Is it sufficient to run dual monitor with Nvidia MX400 and FX5200?

Is it sufficient to run dual monitor with Nvidia MX400 and FX5200?

I wanted to use dual monitors for all my work like my friend is using, but I have one doubt about it that is, can I able to run dual monitors on Nvidia MX400 and FX5200? My friend is using same configuration with the different card and he flawlessly running dual monitors. To get to know on this I have search on many sites regarding this but not able to found anything related to this. Here I have given you all my system configurations, please go through this and help me to solve my query.
    • Pentium 4 with 2.6 GHz
    • MSI PT800-Meo-V chipset motherboard
    • 460w PSU
    • 1GB of RAM
    • Nvidia MX400 and FX5200 video card
    Last edited by Nightingale7; 22-11-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Re: Is it sufficient to run dual monitor with Nvidia MX400 and FX5200?

When you have to run dual monitors then you have a choose video card is that should fulfill all your requirements, like what type of work you have to perform and what numbers screen you wish to run and also which operating system you are going to run. Sometimes video card are having different features such as amount of RAM and different chipset. I advise you to you should keep all this things in your mind while running dual monitors and then go for that.

I have gone through all the features of these two cards and I think that this configuration of the system should be sufficient to run the dual monitors. Many of the people are running there dual monitors using these card and they are experiencing good quality of pictures. I will suggest you should keep the FX5200 video card as your primary card and MX400 as secondary, so that you can get good quality of pictures while operating. I hope this information may help you.

I am computer technician and as far my knowledge Nvidia MX400 and FX5200 are sufficient to use dual monitors. When choosing card for running dual monitors, then you should make sure these things. Most of the card uses newer (DVI) or the VGA (analog) and also check the DVI input on your monitors because some of the monitors doesn’t have DVI input to connect video card or else you can use an adapter to connect your card to the monitors.

No, I am not agreeing to above replies because i have used same video card for my monitors. After using these card on dual monitors i started to get graphic problem while operating, that is both of my video cards gives me bad picture quality. There was not use of these cards, then i consult with my technician on this and as he suggested i bought another video cards.