Thread: Problem while Switching from Nvidia to ATI

Problem while Switching from Nvidia to ATI

Hello friends I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 card on my computer system and recently I have heard about the ATI that can handle more and more high quality games that is not supported by the Geforce. I wanted to make this change as I am total game lover and loves to play each and every game that comes new to the market. But I have heard that while switching from one card to the another we have to format our hard drive. So I just want to know that is this true , because I am not in the position to format the drive as I have a lot of important data on it. So if its true than is there any other way that we can install it in the system without formatting the system. Can anyone suggest me some ideas.

Re: Problem while Switching from Nvidia to ATI

First of all can you tell me the configuration of your computer system , this is because not all the configuration will support the ATI. It also depends upon the operating system that you are using. If you are using windows than it would be very easy to install but if you are using some other operating system say Linux then I think that it could give you some problem as it wont get compatible with the graphics card that you are trying to install. Also, even if it does then finding and installing the drivers for the linux based card would be very difficult. So can you come up with a little bit more information

Hey I am using a P 4 3Ghz computer system , with 360 GB hard disk and 512 RAM with Nvidia Geforce card on it. Also , I am running the Windows xp operating system on my computer. So can I, now be able to install the ATI card without any problem. Although I have heard that Windows Vista doesn’t support the ATI card as it causes many problems, so can anyone come with a precise information about my problem. It is very urgent and I am very curious to know this

Hey even I have upgraded from the Geforce to ATI and was successfully able to do it without any problem. However you have to take several precautions while doing this change. Firstly you have to make sure that the computer system is turned off while you are changing the graphics card , then you have to carefully the remove the graphics card from the slot without touching to any of the ports at the side of it. Then while inserting the card again you have to make sure that you don’t get in contact with any of the ROM or the RAM at the side of the slot. I f you get then it can harm your hard drive and all the data will get lost.

Hey I am facing a very unusual problems after I have successfully installed the ATI card onto my motherboard which was previously having Nvidia Geforce. As I am also a good gamer and like to play all the new games so I decided to use the ATI card that supports almost all the new and highly featured game. But when I upgraded to ATI and started to play the games I found out that the game which would previously run on Nvidia Geforce would not run on the ATI which I have just installed. I have even installed the drivers for it and I am using windows operating system. So can any one help me sort out this issue

Hey after completely removing the Nvidia Geforce card from the motherboard, have you also uninstalled all its drivers. It is necessary hat before you inset the new card you should first remove all the drivers of the previous graphics card in your case it is Geforce Nvidia . If you haven’t then it will give some problem while using the ATI card and that is why I guess that you are facing the problem while playing he games using the ATI card. It is best recommended to use Driver Cleaner to ensure that all the drivers are successfully removed and after that you can go on to install the new drivers which you want.

No need to format but you have to install drivers from the new ATI card. And Cactus is right, uninstalling your previous drivers helps.