Thread: MobilityModder.net fails to mould FireGL V5250 to X1700 in Windows XP

MobilityModder.net fails to mould FireGL V5250 to X1700 in Windows XP

I have just got a laptop from the Lenovo and I have that so that I can use it for the work at the college and at the same time can be used for gaming as well. So I thought of using the FireGL Mobility v5250 such that it can be used to act as a Mobility x1700 but I failed to do so, so can you all please let me know how can I have this done so that I can enjoy it for both Gaming as well as for the College. I though tof using the mobilitymodder.net to mod the 7.4 cats so that the FireGL Mobility v5250 can be made as fast as x1700 but all that attempt went waste. Well can you all please help me with the situation with I am stuck here. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated and hope that I will get it soon.

Re: MobilityModder.net fails to mould FireGL V5250 to X1700 in Windows XP

Well I have really half of the answer to the situation of yours and I just want to say that you can have that for you for sure. Well it is for sure since the Mobility x1700 is the Radeon equivalent for the FireGL Mobility v5250 and I have seen that this has been possible. All you will have to do is Soft – Mod the desired card and that too using the third party software and that is the half solution that I was talking about. In addition to that I have one more way of doing the same and that is manually editing some files so that we can force the system to see the FireGL Mobility v5250 as the Mobility x1700 but on that part too I will have to work. Well I am sure that it is possible and hence I will have the solution as soon as I get it for you.

Actually the FireGL is designed in such a manner so that it can be used in various other fields. It is really intended to function for the multimedia content creation programs like 3DS Max. Also it holds its place in the mechanical engineering design software for example Solidworks. On the other hand the Radeon is precisely suited for the video games. In addition to all the fields that I have mentioned I have seen that the FireGL has also roots in the civil engineering architectural software like the Chief Architect. Since these drivers are also based on the Catalyst drivers that is intended for the Radeon line it makes them suitable for the Gaming as well. Hence by looking at that I would say that you have definitely made a good choice for the Mobility Card. I think that you will have to make use of the automated scripts that have been accompanied with the FireGL driver patch so that FireGL capabilities can be enabled, and that is the thing that I would say that you are looking for.

You all were talking about the file that needs to be edited and I think that I have the perfect thing that you all were looking for. You will have to modify the .inf file and I am sure that you will get away with this. At the first step open the modified .inf file and then search for the following line: "ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5250" = ati2mtag_M56GL, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D4. Once you find the line just replace it with this line here and you will be having the FireGL Mobility v5250 working as Mobility x1700. Here is the line that you will be required to insert: "ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1700 " = ati2mtag_M56, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71D4. After doing that you will have to restart the system and then when you will install the drivers it will use the X1700 device settings.

Thanks a lot for coming up with such a handy situation. I was really wondering if I can have the solution in that easy manner. I will keep my fingers cross while trying the solution and will be really happy if that did help me in getting the thing that I was wishing for. Well is there anything that you would like me to suggest if at all the above thing also failed. Well I am sure that it will work but as an alternative. Well I will post what the solution resulted into after editing the file.

Well there is really one thing that you can do after you find this failing. Well I would suggest you to have the clean installation of the things that you have on the system. I think that it is the only think that can help you at the last moment. Well I even think that what has been suggested might work for you. Also in addition to that I would suggest you to Flash the BIOS of yours to the mobility x1700 BIOS and then try to override all FireGL settings.

In addition to all the things that have been mentioned above I think you should have a look at the threads below and I am sure that you will find the threads below to some extent to your business. Just have a look at the below threads and let me know if that helped you a bit. ATI FireGL 5250 and Radeon HD4670 to work as FireGl or FirePro. I hope that you will have the FireGL working.