Thread: Is it possible to install TV tuner that works with Fedora 12

Is it possible to install TV tuner that works with Fedora 12

Hey is there any one who have used a TV turner card on Fedora 12, if yes then please help me out to know how can I use it. I would want a TV turner card to work with my computer system that has a fedora operating system on it. So is it possible to install a TV turner card to see channels on the system that has fedora operating system on it. If no then can any provide me with some other useful way so that I be able to watch television on the system with fedora operating system.

Re: Is it possible to install TV tuner that works with Fedora 12

Hey mate I would like to tell you that, Fedora contains a special feature that has has the best tested driver that is compatible with its kernel. Using this we can make use of what ever we want on this linux operating system such as extending dual monitors, installing ps2 cards and many more. You can also include the TV Turner card in the system that has a Fedora operating but before doing this you have to make sure that you have upgraded to the latest version of the fedora operating system for better support of the Tv Turner card. Since you have mentioned that you are using Fedora 12 so I guess this is probably the latest version and you will definitely be able to use Tv Turner Card on the system. You can either call an engineer to carry out the procedure or can search in the web the procedure to install the Tv turner card.

hey first of all can you provide me your system configuration as well , usually the system configuration is also considered while installing he Tv Turner Card in the system. For installing the Tv turner card you also require to have a video card and a graphics card into the system. Without this you wont be able to make use of the Tv Turner card as you have to see various channels of varying frequency that requires alot of use of graphics so I would suggest you to first check whether you have all the requirements that is needed to install the Tv Turner card on the system.

Hey I have all the requirements that are needed to install the Tv turner card on my system. I have both the video card and the graphics card that is needed for installing the Tv Turner Card. I have even purchased the Tv Turner Card and just waiting for the response whether or not I can install the Tv Turner Card into the system that has a Fedora operating system. Since now I have got a green signal that I can install a Tv Turner Card on my system so I would just want to know the procedure of how to successfully install the Tv Turner Card on my system. It would be very great for whom so ever who will come up withe the exact solution.

Here are the steps that are needed to install the Tv Turner Card onto the system.
    • If you are in the graphic interface then you have to load up a terminal window.
    • Now you have to switch to the root user by entering the command “su -” and typing in your root password which you hve been provided..
    • After doing the above you have to type in the following to install gcc, mercurial and the kernel headers:"yum install gcc kernel-devel mercurial patch make"
    • Now you have to navigate to the /usr/src/ folder with the help of the following:cd /usr/src
    • Now this step is always necessary you have to download the latest drivers from the web
    • Move into the newly created folder with :cd v4l-dvb
    • Now start the building process with:make and wait for a while as it will take some time to complete.
    • After you have doen with the above steps you have to install the drivers that you have downloaded from the web.
    • Finally you have to Reboot your computer and your Tv Turner card will start working normally.

Here is how you will be successfully install the Tv turner card into the slot and make it working.
    1 Firtsly you have to install the Tv Turner Card into an empty PCI slot.
    2You have to make sure that you havemade all proper cable connections and none of the cable are loosely held as it may create problem. You can also read the manual which is provided by the Tv tuner card and can know the procedure to connect the cable TV input, FM antenna,
    sound cable and IR remote receiver.
    3 The next step is to turn on the computer system,
    4 in the Fedora core tool you have to first search for new hardware and upon finding it you have to configure it with your system. Select configure the new hardware and accept all defaults.
    5 Once the configuration is complete again reboot your system and you will be able to make full use of the system.