Thread: Normal PC graphics card on Mac

Normal PC graphics card on Mac

One of my friends is having Radeon based graphics card of 1GB on his desktop computer and now he his moving to the new laptop and want to give that graphic card to me. But I am having Mac computer and I was thinking that, this graphic card may be not compatible with Mac and there must be some differences between these two computers and drivers. So if anyone having knowledge on this then please tells me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Daamodar; 12-11-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Re: Normal PC graphics card on Mac

You can use this graphic card if you are having the same PCI slot as normal computer then use can use it on your Mac. I think you should check the EFI version that your video card is supports. If this graphic card which you are going to use, is supports the same EFI firmware version then I think you can use it and it will work on your Mac. I hope this information may help you.

There is way to use this graphic card on Mac through flash it. As far my knowledge, to work a graphic card of normal computer you have to flash it. More of new graphic cards having different size of ROM for normal computer same as Mac. Many of people get success when flashing these graphic cards. If you are really want to use this graphic card on your Mac then go for flashing.

I am respectfully disagree with the above reply, because I have tried to do flash my Nvidia graphic card but flashing is gone wrong and my card is became useless and now I cannot restore it. I don’t have any idea about Radeon graphic card may it is same as Nvidia. Also I think that flashing is not compatible with Mac so that there is no use of doing flashing. You can go with flashing, but be careful of that.