Thread: Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 vs ATI Radeon 6970

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 vs ATI Radeon 6970

I am planning to buy a new graphic card for my desktop system which has a dual core processor with the 2 Gb of RAM. Now I have got sum of money which I would be utilizing for buying a new graphic card on my desktop. I have seen two GPUs which are, Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 vs ATI Radeon 6970. But still I haven't decided that which GPU would be best for my system? Please help!

Re: Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 vs ATI Radeon 6970

I would like to suggest you that whenever you want to buy a graphic card then you should first of all consider the motherboard of your desktop computer system which must be having a proper slot for supporting the graphic card which you are gonna attach with it. Actually today most of the graphic cards hare being made for the PCI slots which are very much common slots on today's motherboard.

Graphics cards now use PCI-Express (PCI-Express 2.0 and fully compatible) which has gradually replaced the AGP because it allows a higher bandwidth (data transfer between the motherboard and graphics card). Unfortunately there is total incompatibility between these two interfaces, ie it must be an AGP graphics card (PCI-E vice versa) on a AGP motherboard (each PCI-E). In terms of performance, PCI-Express does one gain from the AGP 8X graphics cards as the most powerful (which no longer exist in AGP) and high resolution (1600 * 1200 and more).

The first thing is to define the budget and the intended applications. We can define models of graphics cards into 4 major categories of interest (arbitrary) based on price and usage:
    1. The bottom line: use playful but can not run some games not very recent and low resolution, price around 30 € -80
    2. The entry level: to turn recent games without too mount the graphic details, more suited to game users "not greedy" like strategy games or simulations, rate between 80 and 150 €
    3. The mid-range allows you to play virtually every detail in depth and high resolution in the latest games, probably the most suitable choice for gamers who can not afford or do not wish to buy a card "very high range ", price between 150 € and 300 €
    4. The high end: maximum performance in action games (FPS), very high detail and resolution, price of 300 €. Particularly suited to owners of large screens and high resolution (over 24 inches)

Map the most interesting for the players currently in the low prices is the Radeon HD 4670 , its price / performance ratio is very good and this card can play games quite recent in good condition on a display medium. The Radeon HD 5670 to the modern generation is also an excellent choice. In general, I advise users to try to put some possible effort to get the mid-range card which merely sold between 100 and 150 euros which is the price of the cards are sold the most interestingly for the game players such as Radeon HD 5770.

Remember that a computer is a set of components and it is important to balance the best. For example, a high-powered graphics card with a slow processor cannot reach her full potential (the reverse is also true), same with the memory of the computer that should be sufficient to operate a recent game (details at bottom) if the graphics card is powerful.