Thread: Can i connect more than 2 monitors by adding another graphics card to my pc

Can i connect more than 2 monitors by adding another graphics card to my pc

Q-
    Hi, I am making the use of an nvidia graphic card on my system currently i am using two monitors on my system and they are working fine. But now i am planning to connect more the third monitors buy making the use of another graphic card i.e 6600GT. I am not able to make the connection. Is there anyone who has knowledge related with this problem? Can i make this connection using another graphic card? Please do suggest you view on this topic and if you have any and if you have any knowledge related with the connection then, please post your reply here. I am running Windows 7 OS and the model of my graphic card is 9800GTX.

Re: Can i connect more than 2 monitors by adding another graphics card to my pc

I think that your driver is not supporting the 6600GT card. For this i would like to advise you to modify the driver file and will need to include the device ID of a 6600GT card. This will help you in installing the 6600GT card. I have also tried the solution on my system and it is working fine. So you can also try to do the same thing. I hope that it will definitely help you in solve your problem and you will be successfully able to connect the third monitor on your system. If still your problem is not getting solved out, then reply me back.

Even i am also looking to connect the third monitor with my system. I am using 9800GTX card and also for connecting the third monitor i am using the same card, but then to i am not able to connect it. I have tried to modify the driver file, but still getting the same problem. Does any one have any other solution for this problem? If yes then, post your suggestion here. I would also like to thank you for posting the above reply. Please help.

I will like to suggest you to try the following steps.
    1. Go to the device manager.
    2. Then you need to go to properties of the 6600GT graphic card.
    3. After going there select update driver option.
    4. Now you will have to point it to the nvidia folder by giving a path where you have installed the nvidia.
    5. This will update the device driver

Hope this will help you.

I am also having the same set up at my home. I am using 9800 GTX card and also an old 7900 GS card along with it. I am using the two monitors on my 9800 GTX card and the third on 7900 GS card. I was able to run this setup successfully, but now started getting the same problem on my system. So can anyone suggest me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

I have a solution for this issue. So I would recommend you to check the PCI-E configuration in the BIOS. This is because i was also getting the same problem. My system was not recognizing my 7900 card; i just tried to play around with my PCI-E configuration in the BIOS and was able to solve the issue. Even you can go for the same as it might help you in getting your problem being solved out.