Thread: Windows XP Sp3 won't allow to install ATI drivers

Nuronex Guest

Windows XP Sp3 won't allow to install ATI drivers

I have got Ati Agp v9.11 drivers and the problem is that I am not able to install them to my desktop machine that I am using. I have installed Windows XP service pack 3 and when I perform the task to make the installation of the same I get a warning message form Windows as "not digitally signed." After this the installation is not able to run. I do not know what is this happening. Please help me out for the same so that I can make the installation of the driver.

Re: Windows XP Sp3 won't allow to install ATI drivers

The problem seems to be with the compatibility and hence this is the reason you are not able to install the driver well with the system. So in order to function out or process with the change it will be better that you make it work by functioning that is upgrading the system. The driver should then be able to support the same which may not cause any problem for you. So look for the basic requirements of the driver which is suitable for it. I hope it will solve the issue for you and you may then be able to install the application without any problem.

Some settings needs to be changed which will let you to perform for you accordingly. It will be better and hence you can make it process as needed. All you need to do is to follow certain procedure that is given as below:
    1. Go to My computer and right click on it
    2. Now click on Properties
    3. Then you need to click on the Hardware tab
    4. Look for Driver Signing
    5. Change the setting that is from Warn to Ignore

As the above step is been performed restart your system and let it get set. Then try to make the installation of the new driver you have. It will be helpful for you and you may then be able to work.

Try installing the driver well under admin mode. You have to run the system well under Admin mode and then try to install the application or the driver that you need to. There would be no restrictions as such for the same and you may then be able to install the same. I suppose the installing the driver under normal account may have been locked by admin. So try to get the access to admin account by entering the password and install the driver. You may get to a better conclusion. Check out for it and try for installing the driver under the same.

Upgrade your system to Windows 7. I would suggest you to use the Windows 7 utility disc and make a clean installation of the operating system. You have to boot the system using the disc by restarting and then format the system where your previous copy of Windows is been installed. Now as this is been done you have to work well by performing the installation of the operating system that is Windows 7. Restart the system and then get the updated pack of the ATI driver that you need to install. I hope this will work well for you.

Perform a safe mode installation of the driver to the system. You may be able to get the things to be done without any problem. You have to follow certain steps which will let you to get the thing to be processed. You have to Click Start and then click Shut Down. now in the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER. This will be better and you may then get to work with the driver that is required.