Thread: CPU limitation in HD 5770

CPU limitation in HD 5770

So what exactly is this limitation in graphics cards? If I have understood correctly the graphics card simply lose performance if the CPU is too weak. But what is it exactly? what the clock speed right? I guess I just have 2x HD5770 in the system and NEN Q9550@2.83Ghz. Since I've read something several times with 3.4 Ghz + Now I wonder whether it would be useful halt the CPU screw it up more power from the two cards to tickle, or if it does not matter because it is Dual. If I was to turn up the CPU, how far? and there are anywhere ne list stands out which CPU for graphics card X limited? I've already googled but somehow found nothing. So thought that you members will assist me.

Re: CPU limitation in HD 5770

There are limited either the CPU or the graphics card. What brakes of both depends on the particular game. Anno 1404, and GTA 4 will need strong CPUs. Crysis needs more of a powerful graphics card. It is only important to get out that at the end of playable frame rates and in ways you probably have no problem. CPUs can not turn up ... First you have to deal with the issue.
    1. General information about the risks and OC
    2. Are important tools to limit and OC inquire
    Then you can start slowly, but as long as everything goes, this is not necessary. Health are generally 3.2-3.6 GHz depending on the CPU. All q9550 are different, need different voltages, etc. ..

The graphics card is one of x devices in a computer. Boss of the whole, the CPU (put simply). It works from the program code. That is, the CPU is active, the video card passive. Therefore, "limit" by the CPU may not be quite the right word. The CPU, the graphics card does not even prevent tuen to something faster, because the latter has to tuen without authority by the CPU anyway.
    But it may be that the CPU is not in a position to exhaust potential that a graphics card. This may be in the program (eg a game) and / or the performance of the CPU. The clock frequency of the CPU is only one aspect. Multiple cores can help if the software including the OS uses. In addition, there are memory interface, etc. And of course as "good" the program has been developed. Conversely, fits the term "limitation" means, as the CPU can be stopped by a slow graphics card.

As long as playable frame rates as well as come out even, it is natural sausage, which of the two components is responsible. Optimal certainly a configuration in which the CPU would never manages to push the limits of the graphics card. Thus, the CPU itself always realize their full potential. When the CPU limited garnix (rather rarely the graphics card is not fully utilized). I would only improve the communication speed between the cores and remove the RAM and FSB to 400 and multi to 7.5. The FSB is really the Achilles heel of the whole system. The whole thing is here in the forum generally made using just the BIOS and nothing else. As a guide I would recommend you format for the Guid Cs OC Q6600, Can you translate for you. Not just to ask again.

The CPU can limit as well as a video card. That with the active and passive, I've never heard of. In ANNO 1404, hundreds of manic scurry across the map. Since the CPU is limited because it is the movement of manic can not sufficiently fast to calculate. It's the same when you play a Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 3 custom map. Very many units into the game, it does not matter whether you have SLI or Crossfire. Since then limited again CPU / memory. Or even in GTA 4 Running with Quad Core in combination with an old Nvidia 8800gtx better than a Dual Core. But in general, future games are more demanding graphics card, a CPU demanding. Therefore, a CPU often very well be 1-2 times graphic card upgrades.