Thread: Display of the Dell ST2410 monitor flickering

Display of the Dell ST2410 monitor flickering

I am using a Dell ST2410 monitor. I have recently upgraded my system configuration. I have Athlon processor, 2GB DDR RAM and 320 GB of internal hard drive. My system gets power from a 450w UPS system. I am facing a problem with my monitor, whenever I turn on my system after 20 minutes or so the display of my monitor screen starts flickering and shaking. Although my monitor is quite old, but has this issue occurred due to the UPS?

Re: Display of the Dell ST2410 monitor flickering

The problem in your monitor is not because of the UPS system.Since you mentioned that your monitor has gone old,so monitors mostly start flickering due to frequent wear and tear. It may be possible that the power cord of the monitor has gone bad or may have a cut on it. As the power cords of the monitor and the CPU are the same , swap the power cables of monitor and the CPU. If that works fine , then the issue is with the cable , not with the monitor.

Check the adapters of the the monitors if they are connected properly. Check the VGA cable .Check the video card. To check the video card, open the system tower , on the mother board there is PCI express slot , where the video card is installed, remove the video card and install it back. Keep the capabilities of the video card card settings to its lowest value. Then turn on the system and check if still the screen is shaky. IF still it is shaky then it is monitor is faulty.

The Shakiness of the monitor is may be because of the refresh rate. check the refresh rate of the monitor. Refresh rate is the total of number frame sent to the graphics screen. Go to display adapters then go to settings, from settings select advanced, then select monitor and then refresh rate. The graphics quality of the display is degraded if the refresh rate is not set appropriate.
    As the monitor is old, it may be possible that the Integrated circuit chip of the CRT tube is malfunctioning.

ThumbsUp Re: Display of the Dell ST2410 monitor flickering

I was having the same issues with the flickering of my Dell ST 2410 and it was not that old. I recently changed to a Mac from PC and it started flickering. So I changed the connecters and works fine now.